Pushups Problem! Please Help!!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 5, 2017 7:25pm
via Android

Hello everyone.

I have been working out and doing pushups almost every day or every other day for a month now. Lately everytime I do pushups, I can't! When i hit 5 or close to 10 pushups, I want to quit!!!!

I leave to basic training to the army in a whole month from now. Can anyone tell me fast and great ways to build my way up to doing more pushups? I notice when i am done with my workout and I start doing pushups, i just cant!!!

I need to learn how to go all the way down and do more pushups. Please help!

05 Aug
you start with doing it the right form even one at a time. after some time you will go for more, thats the way every body doing it ,just try the right form, hard in the begining but eventually you will be there,
05 Aug
It all just takes practice just like every exercise. Absolutely right that form is key. I wouldn't wait to do pushups after other exercises. I would do them first. Pushups are great to build upper body strength. I would also practice holding a plank as well and use some of the plank workouts on Skimble to do that, because you will find yourself just staying in the pushup position a lot of times in Basic Training
07 Aug
Army vet here. Congrats for your decision to enlist. You are definitely doing the right thing by preparing yourself. You don't want to be that person during training thats in terrible shape during PT. You will draw a lot of attention to yourself. Which is something you DON'T want. Try to do push-ups from on your knees. Do several sets of 10. Change your hand positions from time to time. Close together and far apart. Then increase the number. Once you feel more strength in your arms, go to full plank position, and do push-ups from there. If there is...
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 6, 2017 8:57am
via iOS
If you have been doing more than these ten push ups and now you can't, maybe you miss some rest. 
You can do some other exercises that help with push ups. You can do bench press or decline push ups to increase strength. Chaturanga is good to increase tricep strength too. 
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 8, 2017 10:17am
via Android

Doing PUs after working out just makes them harder, but over time they should still increase. Try doing them before your workout. Start with PUs on your knees then work to a regular PU. You got this!

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 31, 2017 9:58pm
via iOS
So some in the morning and some before bed . 
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 13, 2017 3:15am
via iOS
Don't worry this is very common! There is alternatives you don't have to be able to do push-ups to get fit. Try these:
Plank
Elbow plank 
Knee push-ups
I hope this really helps

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,230 topics, 38,325 posts

Motivation & Support

8,518 topics, 41,745 posts

App Updates