Should I go on a diet?

10 posts | Original | Recent
 
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 4:07am
via iOS
I am trying to get a flat stomach before prom, (a little more than a month from now) so I've been doing ab-workouts. I am wondering if anyone knows about any effective diets?
22 Feb
Hey Angie! Your question is a great one, and it is asked by many people who want to loose weight. I have been using Skimble now for almost a year. Over the past year I've lost 34 lbs and never went on a diet. It is my humble opinion that diets just don't work because you end up getting discouraged and go right back to where you originally were. I just started using skimble and I downloaded an app on my tablet and started watching my calories and everything I put in my mouth. I gave up all soda. Within...
22 Feb
Dont mix protein with carbs 3days before prom after whatever diet or protocol u go on now. And stay hydrated drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day :-) specially the week prior to your big day.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 5:11am
via iOS
Uh what my nutritionist and I recommend is eating a banana for breakfast and an apple for lunch. And if you get hungry eat unsalted and no butter popcorn if u can or something like that or u can try carrots or celery. For dinner     Try to eat 60% of ur meal salad with no dressing and the other 40% ur regular dinner I advise u if ur eating rice only 2 fistfuls of rice with something else (chicken etc.) oh dont forget avoid pork it shall not be tolerated. If u want to eat beef forget about beef ribs watch ur calories and on special occasions u can eat sweets but NO PORK don't forget to excersize try running 4 miles a week on top of the ab wrk outs u do. Anyways that's my advice.    P.S. NO PORK
23 Feb
So beef is cool with you but no pork?? Most beef is more fattening and has more calories than pork. Although neither is best choice for someone trying to lose weight
23 Feb
Your nutritionist recommended you to eat ONE banana for breakfast and ONE apple for lunch? Not enough food, right there. :(
23 Feb
Get rid of your nutritionist! A banana and an apple are not meals and you're missing vital nutrients you need!!
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 5:49am
via iOS
If you want to lose weight fast use a calorie counter plenty of free apps. Eat home made clean foods don't skimp on the veggies :) and as for the wanting to get a flatter stomach you need to lower your over all body fat percentage no spot treatment for fat unfortunately. The fastest way to lose fat would be to lift weights. Cardio is good but the body adapts easily to it and progress declines.
22 Feb
When I go to the gym, should I alternate days doing cardio one day and the next day do weight lifting? Or do 20-30 min cardio and weight lift on same day? Can you give me an idea of what's a good workout schedule routine.
22 Feb
Cardio then weights it will help warm up before lifting and don't do more than 45 min your body will go catabolic.
Image_thumb
42 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 3:37pm
via iOS
Do cardio
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 12:04am
via iOS
Thank you!
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 2:43pm
via Android

I've noticed everyone acts like health experts on here, but only a few know what they are talking about.

23 Feb
true that
Hdhdnpicsart_1381072358150_thumb
126 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 3:08pm
via Android

CARDIO + WATER= FLAT TUMMY....Drink loadz of water 3.5L or more depends on ur height n weight...n yea only ab workouts wont help...it ll b incomplete without working out ur lower back...n yes CARDIO..u should do enuf of cardio...dnt wry bout diet..avoid chips n cokes n stuffs if u can..it ll help..n ya beter go for full body workouts dan nly abs...ll luk odd if u do nly abs...haha..

Hdhdnpicsart_1381072358150_thumb
126 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 3:14pm
via Android

But yea...ur attitude ll matter much more dan ur flat tummy...

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 5:55pm
via Android

It's not about going on a diet, it's about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The easiest way to do that is to keep it simple. I read the Men's Health Power Abs Diet and the thing I really liked was it focused on what to eat (Google it , or pick up a copy on amazon, there is also a version written for women.) I am not a calorie counter (too hard,) so I make sure that the foods I eat boost my metabolism and provide the proper nutrition. I try to eat 5-6 small meals a day. And as recommended by Men's Health, The Biggest Loser, Weight Watchers, I replace a meal with a nutrition shake. I chose Body by Vi because I love the shake and it is easy to earn it for free www.90daypersonalmastery.com

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 12:06am
via iOS
Thanks guys!
Reply


Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51