To embarrassed

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 9:51pm
via Android

I feel really uncomfortable working out at home when other people are around. Its very strange because I can work out at the gym all day and be fine but Im unable to go to the gym now and have been working out at home. But if my mother is home it makes me feel very embarressed. I know she doesnt support my new life choices. Could this have something to do with it? Does anyone else feel this way?

Image_thumb
217 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 9:55pm
via iOS
I have to go to my room and workout, I never feel comfortable even telling them I'm working out!
26 Feb
I live in a studeo so its one room :(
27 Feb
I do the same thing...I dont like ppl watching me work out if im the only one working out...if its outside or w a friend its fine though haha glad im not the only one
Image_thumb
157 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 10:02pm
via Android

I don't understand why a family member would be against you trying to get healthy. Invite them to work out with you, or go out for a walk/run. Find a sport that you enjoy.

26 Feb
Idk either shes always been overweight herself and she used to come to the gym with me but she got tired of it.
26 Feb
Be her motivation :-)
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 11:13pm
via Android

I use to feel that way cuz it's like family needs instant results! I started working out infront of them once I became confident in my self! They all seen a change and that felt good! Now they come to me for work out advice and to help them with their goals so I see where you are coming from!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51