Motivation Truth.

1 post | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
105 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 12:04am
via iOS
I spend a lot of time reading through the posts in the forums. Even if I don't comment or reply, I still read them. One trend I've noticed is people begging for motivation. "I've lost motivation. I can't do this. I quit. Someone motivate me. I can't do this until *insert dead end excuse*."

I don't mean this to bring forth any negativity, but I'll be honest: if you can't motivate yourself, no one can do it for you. Other people can inspire you, they can help you find what motivates you, but the can't just give it to you. No matter how many people tell you what workouts to do, how to do it, and keep up on your progress, you're the one doing it.

I'm hoping new people will see this. I live in a household where I get no support; my family is AGAINST me dieting and losing weight. My only motivation came from within myself. I wanted to lose weight and workout more than I wanted to continue to gain weight. So guess what? I did something about it besides sit there and complain.

If you want to workout, do it. If you want to lose weight, do it. I'm telling you from the bottom of my heart, you have the strength to achieve whatever results you want because YOU'RE THE ONE ACHIEVING THEM.

Good luck to everyone working towards their goals! Good luck to everyone starting out! Good luck to those who are already at their goals!

27 Feb
well said^ยท^
27 Feb
U r so right! :-)
28 Feb
Agreed! Only you can help yourself. Good luck to everyone. Hoping the best for everyone. I look at my daughter and see how I want to be able to help her with her dreams like sports, that's what gets me working on myself. My man supports me but he is working and my daughter is in school when I have time to work out. Good luck y'all

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51