Working my way to doing splits(;

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 2:17am
via Android

Started my stretching today to push myself to do a split...hope it all pays off♡

27 Feb
I can do it...its funny...it takes awhile to be able to do them...but only a week or 2 of not streching to where u cant anymore...doesnt seem fair
27 Feb
Awesome and that sucks. I'm trying hard to be able to do it mainly to surprise my husband but I also have a lot of leg and back cramps but the stretching does help a lot(:
27 Feb
Im sure your husband will like it...lol. :)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 2:19am
via Android

Im sure it will. WOW w/all due respect that is.

27 Feb
Lol, I think my husband would appreciate my work haha
Icon_missing_thumb
31 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 1:04am
via iOS
I always want to do this but I'm soooo unflexible! I don't think I ever could do splits. Is it possible for anyone if they stretch enough?
28 Feb
You have to stretch and work at it everyday
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 1:09am
via Android

Abosolutely it just takes time & patience. Im a fighter & am usually flexible b4 my last injury(broken rib by a shin) I could touch the wall behind my head w/my toe after coundnt touch toes on my way back again. So can you.

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 1:25am
via Android

Great goal! When I did kung fu I had a great stretching routine and could do them. I had a physical for a job and the doctor told me to keep my knees straight and reach down as far as I could. I put my hands flat on the floor. His response was, okay that's impressive, but how long can you hold it for? He finally had to tell me to stop because we didn't have all day.

28 Feb
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 3:50am
via iOS
So what exercise have you been doing to help you do a split?
28 Feb
Stretches that help your hips and legs
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 4:20am
via Android

I want a girl that can do the splits..!

28 Feb
Most guys do, haha.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 6:02am
via Android

Haha i can do splits its weird im just really flexible with my legs , feels really good i must say ;)

28 Feb
Its a great stretch !
28 Feb
Nice, I use to be able to do splits then I got pregnant and never exercised when I was pregnant so now I have to work my way back.
Icon_missing_thumb
31 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 7:16pm
via iOS
Yeah can someone list stretches for me?
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 28, 2013 10:40pm
via iOS
Here is a way to learn to do the splits in 2 weeks :
Do this 2x a day for 2 weeks 
• sit in straddle position (on butt with legs spread apart as much as possible) and lean to each side for 1 minute 
• still in straddle position lean forward as much as u can with a straight back for 1 minute 
• pigeon stretch (one leg straight back behind u the other in front of u like about to sit criss cross) for each leg for 1 minute 
• butterfly stretch (sitting on ur butt with the bottoms of ur feet together in front of u) for 1 minute 
• lastly try doing each split as far as u can go for 1 minute 

This routine was taken from a website and is not mine (: hope it works for u like it did for me <3
28 Feb
Can someone make this routine in the app, and post a link. I would but I don't know how.
28 Feb
Can I send this to me?
01 Mar
Thank you. Trying it out now
03 Mar
I did ballet from an early age so I guess that helps me as I think I've always been able to do the splits. I still do lots of high kicks at random times almost every day (apart from right now ad I've a badly sprained ankle) and I think that doing the high kicks with toes pointed helps stretch the inner thigh muscles.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51