Rude "Friends" - wieght comments : help

14 posts | Original | Recent

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 9:06pm

So i was just hanging out with my "friends" at lunch and we were going back and forth with lame jokes we could come up with. One of my friends said something along the lines of "Why did Ellie cross the road? To go to the gym to loose weight." All my friends were laughing and i thought it was really rude.They sometimes say little mean things to me about my weight that i push off, but this time it really got me upset.

In gym we had fitness day and I pushed myself to the limit. I did about 200% more than i had to and my friends were yelling at me for trying to work so hard. Its been hard. I've only lost a few pounds so far, but i still need support. What do I do and what do i say to them?

HELP PLEASE!

01 Mar
First off if they are going to put you down, they aren't true friends. Just try to ignore it, you are doing it for yourself not for them. Don't give up on yourself because of others. Believe in yourself that you can do it. Only you can help yourself. Try looking in the mirrow, talking out loud to yourself, saying things like I don't have to take this from them, I don't have to look like this anymore, close your eyes picture what you want to look like then reopen your eyes and say I can do it. Give it...
01 Mar
Just Don't Listen to them, Do ur thing and Show them in maybe One year or earlier, what u achieved. I had Same probs i was Bit chubby and got taunted bg my friends. I radically stopped eating, lost a lot of weight but also lot of muscles, so that was a Bad way to get in shape, its very unhealthy. After losing that much weight, they thaunted me like skinny and stuff. I didn't Listen to them, worked hard on me for bout 6 months. Now theyrw freakin jealous. So Keep carryin on and never ever per urself down...
01 Mar
im not one for advice by my opinion is youlk have the last lsufh if you stick to your plan, eat well, train hard and make new connectuons with people on the same oath as you. your going to be such a stronger wiser heslthier person with this experience under your belt. youll be unstoppable! ! and noone can laugh at that! :-D
01 Mar
whops. excuse phone typos!
02 Mar
First of, find some true friends. You can tell them it bothers you and see how they respond. Keep eating well and exercising. Their opinion doesn't matter anyway. Do this for you and you only!
203255_100000312227240_203201714_n_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 4:06am
via Android

if someone is doing nothing but holding you down or making you feel bad so they can fill up in a friend and you need to tell them that and what you told them that they continue you need to find new friends..

the other side of this is you need to decide do you want to lose weight for you are you doing it for other peoples impressions on for them to compliment you..

if you doing it for you it doesn't matter what they think im it doesn't matter what they say..

but I do suggest you find some friends were supportive..

hugs honey and good luck

02 Mar
They really are not your friends if they picking on you about your way...find new friends that understand you and who you can relate to you..and excercise everyday and do alot of walking and you will start sliming down. Drink plenty of water. Whatever you eat just eat half of what you usually eat
P1000753-001_thumb
29 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 12:16pm
via iOS
I would stop hanging out with them and just keep going to the gym on my own. Good luck!!
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 2:04pm
via Android

Get a new set of friends...

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 3:10pm
via Android

You can certainly find people who accept you and try to support your goals.... Like right here.Good luck! & I'd if you ever need to vent or anything, you can csll on me! Lol... & use it to motivate your workouts. Don't forget that you are much much more than what you look like, and whoever misses that misses out!!

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 3:17pm
via Android

Good luck

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 3:18pm
via Android

Do not lisen

Icon_missing_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 6:32pm
via iOS
I'd definitely get new friends. That's so not what your friends are forĀ 
Keep working hard... Good luck!!
Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 2:32am
via Android

Thanks everyone. Motivation buddies?

04 Mar
You got it :)
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 3:19am
via Android

Sounds like u mite b young? If thats the case the ppl ur pals with now u wont b in a few years. Dont sweat there crap. Iv been in ur shoes and lol boy do they got some things coming to em! Stick to wat u want and wat makes u happy and let the so called friends hang themselves!

04 Mar
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 12:22am
via iOS
First of all it was Probly ment to be a hard less joke ? Because you already go to the gym? Second it be helpful if I knew your weight and b m i because I wouldn't be able to make a judgement based on not knowing your weight.
Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 11:29am
via Android

I weigh about 148 and am 5'4". I am unsure of my bmi

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 6:48pm
via Android

Wow. You know I've been in situations like that where people that I thought were my friends would humiliate me about anything. But then one day I said Screw'em all and I cut off alot of people from my life. If working out and trying to be healthy makes you happy then as a true friend they should respect that. If they don't... Let'em go. I really hope everything works out for you though. Good luck

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 9:08pm
via Android

Thanks

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51