I'm sick and need advice :-(

26 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 1:15am

hello for the last 2 weeks i have been pretty ill. I'm feverish, achey, dizzy, got a viral cough and to top it off im hardly sleeping as i am either freezing cold or boiling hot. Some days i feel ok and like i have a cold but others i have no energy and can barely move without wearing myself out. I saw a dr yesterday and she said it could go on for weeks which i'm pretty gutted about.

Basically what i want to know is on my ok days is it worth me doing some light exercise to keep my finess levels up, as i was pretty fit before and dont want to have to start all ovet again, or shall i just rest completely until i'm fully better? I still have to walk my son to school which im finding hard, so didn't know if i should try and keep my energy levels up some how.

I'm feeling pretty low lately and exercise always makes me feel better but i dont know what to do : (

03 Mar
You need to rest when you are sick.
70381_1457945715_603627538_n_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 2:09am
via iOS
get well soon :( i pray for you
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 2:10am
via iOS
Rest your body till you can go one hundred percent.  You'll get it back, just rest up and relax :)
Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 7:49am
via Android

I hate not being able to do anything!! I'll just keep it to my walks to and from school for now then :-( how rubbish. Thanks guys

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 10:43am
via Android

Plenty of water, fluids in the body no exercise till 100%. Get well yo.

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 10:51am
via Android

I have been drinking heaps. Thanks i think lots of rest is a good idea :-)

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 9:30pm

Sorry to hear it Tori, but rest is the best thing. Your body needs to recharge.. You'll be back at it before you know it !! 

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 10:17pm
via Android

I hope so!! I miss it!! Thanks Scott :-)

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 10:27pm

You'll come back stronger !!! 

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 6:04am
via Android

:-) here's hoping.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 7:38am
via iOS
I had I believe to be what you may have and I had a viral infection. My whole family had it and it was awful. The only thing is plenty plenty of fluids and rest. I did not begin exercising until I was at about 80% and I still took it slow at that.
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 10:03am
via iOS
Hi Tori, I started off with cold and cough, but continued to go spinning cos it only felt like a minor sniffle!!! I have ended up with a lung infection on antibiotics,steroids and a blue inhaler.  Get plenty of rest, fluids and get plenty of steam inhalation it does help to clear! I haven't been to the gym for about 10 days and its killing me as I work out every day, but I have learnt this time to listen to my body! 
If I don't listen I know it will take me longer to recover.  I understand the mental torture we put ourselves through as women if we can't work out and how we will put on weight etc etc.  it is a vicious circle, but stay strong, look after yourself and it it hard when you feel 100%. Take care xx 
Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 10:08am
via Android

Thanks ladies :-) my chest is so sore this morning and i've lost my voice for the second time now (which i'm sure is great for some lol) i'm so tired still that any thought of exercise has gone to the back of my mind till i'm heaps better. Thanks for everyones advice, i thought rest would be the answer but didn't want to appear lazy lol.

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 10:09am
via Android

Miste and sherri i hope you're better soon :-( xx

03 Mar
Hope you ALL feel better. Just eat healthier and rest. Once you have recovered, you'll train herders at the gym. The longer you don't take care of your body the longer it will take to recover. Why not fix it now? So you can recover faster for as long it needs the body to heal then be at 100 percent at the gym. :-)
03 Mar
Harderrrr* or herderrrr. They all the same lol
03 Mar
Thanks Aaron. Had a mega chill out day today, so fingers crossed I'll better sooner rather than later :-)
03 Mar
No problem Tori. You need many more days of Mega Chill out. It doesn't take a day lol.
03 Mar
I know lol I just hate not doing anything! I like to keep moving. I must admit though, it has been quite nice :-)
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 5:22pm
via iOS
Sorry you will get well soon.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 3, 2013 7:40pm
via iOS
You should do light cardio workouts. 
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 11:57pm
via iOS
Hello, how are you today? Are you getting any better or more or less the same? From what you said that your doctor told you didn't sound very helpfull I suggest you see a second just to be checked to see how your going, colds or flus that bad don't usually last that bad up to over two weeks very often. When I was like that I had tonsillitis and glanderla fever at the same time! I lost my voice I fainted at 40 degres even tho I felt cold! I couldn't get out of bed at and. Ad could only just swallow water. I couldn't move because all my musles in my whole body were so swollen like a truck ran over me.  And I just one day woke up that way. Also it could be any number of sorts of infections. I hope the doctor gave you a course of antibiotics? Listen to your body if walking around makes you feel like death. Don't. Excersizing with a energy draining virus is a big no. Because as you workout you wear out you body more and that makes it weaker. So the virus would take over even more. The best thing is eat very healthy drink about 2 liters of water a day to flush it out and lots and lots of sleep. And as for becoming unfit. Durning. By resting now you will bounce back into it a lot easier. And if you not eatting lots you body shape won't really change much during any way. Get well soon :)
04 Mar
Hiya no I'm no better really, my throat is very sore and I'm coughing like I'm smoking 40 a day (which I'm not btw) I noticed yesterday the backs of my legs are really sore and feel tight when I walk. I'm going to see how my chest feels today and if it's no better I'm going to see the Dr again. I wasn't given any antibiotics as I was told it was viral. Thanks for you advice, I'll definitely go backing I'm no better 2moro :-)
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 5:51am
via iOS
Good to hear you will go back to doctor. Doctors don't take things seriously, it's like you have to sell it to them to care. You have to tell them every problem you have had when how and why. Since it started. I hope for you it is something not to hard to fix. But it does sound like its going down hill fast. :( sorry to hear and good luck at doctors.  Also book another one or  two appointments because if they send you for any test you will have to go back for results. Bloods take about a week to come back. X-rays usually instant but you have to leave the doctors for a X-ray usually then take it back to them. Good luck and I pray for you :( If it gets worse you may need to visit Emergancy but they also don't care. Went there once because I could barley breathe gave me a panodole and sent me home. But yeah don't work out that's just silly.  I'll wait to hear from you :)
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 5:55am
via iOS
Really push for a x ray. As usually they send you away with anti biotics. Which usually just masks the real problem. And I find a lot of doctors don't know what they are on about. Take It from a self diagnosed and then confirmed. By doctors: of multi scrolisis in spine. And PCOS Poylic ovarian syndrome. And now I'm pushing for a chest x ray because every day my lungs kill me :/
04 Mar
Hope you feel better too.
04 Mar
Sounds like you've really been through it :-( because my sons ill too we're having another day of doing nothing so hopefully I'll feel better soon. My throat is very sore now, I'll be drinking lots of lemsips today to try help with that. Will let you know what the Dr says if I need to go back :-)
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 6:12am
via Android

Do you have a runny nose or feel stuffed up?

04 Mar
It changes from one minute being fully blocked to being really runny (sorry I know it's gross) I can barely breathe through it :-(
04 Mar
Dont worry about being gross. I asked. :-) are you nauseas? Just making sure it's not a flu. Did the doctor listen to your chest, look into your ears and nose?
04 Mar
I did this morning :-( but not too bad now. She listened to my chest but it was the day after It got really bad and started to hurt.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 7:23am
via Android

Take rest till you completely recover, workout is catabolic activity which triggers anabolic mechanism with adequate rest and food, the anabolic pace depends on your immune system and energy level. If you are ill your body priority is to get well first, now if you do workout your recovery will slowdown as well.

Take care, have rest, get well soon

04 Mar
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 4, 2013 1:33pm
via Android

Ohh! Then time to make that trip back!
Antibiotics for the win. Keep us updated

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:45pm
via Android

Hiya just thought i would let you know how i'm feeling as you have all been so helpful. My drs is useless so couldn't get an appointment so took matters into my own hands, got stronger medicine, and tablets and my chest seems to be on the mend :-) still have no energy and a horrible cough but the worst seems to have gone. I reckon another week and i'll be back to it woo hoo

06 Mar
Thanks for the update! Hope you feel 100 percent better soon!
Skimble-workout-trainer-profile-micah-greer-7_thumb
465 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 4:44pm

Hey Tori, 

Hope you start feeling better VERY SOON! Focus your health on eating high quality foods during your exercise down time. Veggies like kale, spinach, brussel sprouts, carrots, & broccoli are all great. Cooking with coconut oil & drinking lots of green tea has also been found to help the body build resistance to viruses and bacteria that cause illness.  Don't forget to drink plenty of fluids and eat high quality proteins as well. Eating right will help to speed up the recovery. Hope this helps! Get WELL!!!

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

Hiya thanks. I've not had much of an appetite annoyingly but making sure what i do eat has plenty of fruit and veg and protein. I've always been a hardcore water drinker too. Thanks very much :-) will add some of the foods you suggested too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51