How to workout in gym?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 8:33am
via Android

Hello..i m trying everything possible to loose fat..but one thing i m confused about is how to workout whether to do only cardio or only weight training or both n how much?

14 Mar
Pls help..:-)
14 Mar
Do both cardio and weights! Cardio alone doesn't make you lean and toned, but with strength training your muscles increase and your fats burn and so it keeps you in shape!
Image_thumb
89 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 9:41am
via Android

I start with rowing as a warm up, some interval jogging to get me going, then hit weights. Finally some less intense cardio and stretches before home.
Cardio is best for fat burning, but muscle helps you burn more calories hence the strength training too. Just keep mixing things up. Keep active and dont get bored!

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 11:28am
via Android

Thanx..for rply,but cud u pls be more apprpriate for how many minutes to cardio or weightetc.

14 Mar
Do at least 30 mins. cardio and 12-16 reps/set in each muscle strength training. Don't forget to warm-up before lifting and cool down/stretch after you workout!
Image_thumb
89 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 1:47pm
via Android

Im no expert and i dont know your ability ive slowly built my routine over time. 5mins/1000m on rower gets me warmed up but sometimes i double that for a change. With weights the last 2 should be difficult but still keep good form, i aim for about 12reps. Just start slow, see where it takes you. Have fun and dont over think things!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 4:04pm
via iOS
My routine:
3 sets of everything
10 reps bench pull
10 reps bench press
10 reps biceps curl (left and right for one rep)

Make sure you go with the max weight you can take for the reps. Hope it helps
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 5:07pm
via Android

Thanks for ur advice...i'll try dividing my workout time so i cud include stretching,weights etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51