So I just bought a scale...

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 12:32am
via Android

Ive been meaning to get one for awhile but ive heard a lot of positive vs negative commments on them. I want to be able track the weight I lose day to day as I really function better with concreate evidence and daily goals. My boyfriend says I should only look once a week because he is worried about me getting upset if I gain weight on a day. What should I do or look out for when it comes to my mood?

15 Mar
I say check it whenever you feel like it I check mine whenever I remember and my boyfriend freaks out because I do it lol because I gained weight again and he's like I told you not to check so I say check whenever you want lol
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 1:07am
via Android

Don't worry about the scale. Do measurements, before and after. You may lose fat but gain muscle. Muscle weights more, So don't be alarm if your gain a pound of two after working out. (I'm a kinesiology student:))

15 Mar
I do take measurements but from all the before and after pics I see getting bellow the 200 pound mark seems to make a huge diffence in your apperance and ive set a goal to be there by June. Ive lost 10 clothing sizes since ive started but thats not something that changes that often anymore.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 1:08am
via Android

I do it once a week i been losing weight, at least 3 pounds a week.

15 Mar
Im hopeing through carefully balancing my diet and excercising consistantly I can lose more then that. I want to be able to catch myself if I slip up.
Skimble-workout-trainer-profile-micah-greer-7_thumb
465 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 1:55am

First of all, CONGRATS on all of your success Angelica! Measuring and stressing everyday might be a bit too much. Weighing one time per week, at the same time of day, usually works best for most people. Weighing everyday, or multiple times a day will just make you obsessed over 1-2 pound increments. Everyone will fluctuate at least 1-2 pounds per day due to food and fluid intake and excretion. One of the best times to get a true body weight that you can track is to weigh as soon as you wake up and use the bathroom. 

Also, the closer you get to your goal, the more challenging it will be to shed those extra pounds. Think of changing things that you may not have changed yet. Could you cut any empty calories or improve your nutrition? Could you make positive changes to your workouts? 

16 Mar
Thanks! I did it for the first time today and the feeling was very positive for me.
Image_thumb
199 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 2:17am
via Android

All gold scale thats my magic box

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 4:59am
via Android

once a week

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 3:32pm
via Android

I only do it oce a week...its perfect! My dad, who is into sports, told me that i shouldnt measure more than once a week. you can get stressed or sad, if you dont lose anything. I hope i helped...

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 3:41pm
via iOS
Once a week is good. If you weigh yourself everyday, your weight will change constantly because of water weight, even if you weigh yourself at the same time every day.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51