Pain!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 7:09am
via Android

So yesterday I did the thankful thighs and I ran 1.3miles.. Call it crazy but I'm hurting like crazy right now than I was when I woke up this morning. So I kinda skipped workout today, is that bad? And should I miss somedays or is that not a good idea? Advice or tips are very welcome!

15 Mar
No not bad.you must rest when you sick!!!!:-)
15 Mar
Good going.... No pain no gain.. :-)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 9:11am
via Android

Work out often so the sorness goes away. If you skip days you will always be sore. And stretch before and after working out.

15 Mar
Yup......stretching do hlps alot to free up muscles
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 10:19am
via Android

Actually working out will make you less soar, but it's ok to take a break maybe once a week depending what your goal is (either lose weight or muscle build up<-- doesn't mean body building)... ^_^

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 1:24am
via Android

Thanks you guys!!

Skimble-workout-trainer-profile-micah-greer-7_thumb
465 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 1:33am

When we workout, especially resistance training, we break down muscle tissue. The particular muscle tissue that has been worked out usually needs about 24-48  hours to repair, sometimes longer if you really worked them good. Rest is just as important, if not MORE important than the actual workout itself. It's not until the muscles repair, that you actually become stronger. If you are sore, your muscles are still in the process of repairing. You will more than likely have a non-sore area you can work and allow the sore area more time for recovery. It's very common and perfectly normal to be sore at the start of any workout program. The more consistent you are with your workouts, the less sore you will be in the future. Keep it up, and this will probably be the worst of it :)

16 Mar
Thanks!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51