Insanity or p90x or what?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 9:42pm
via Android

I have been weeding through my own workouts on here, but my motivation is a little lacking because I don't feel 100% confident it is doing the job I want (extremely toned and usable muscle). I just feel like having a schedule of a known proven workout is what I need.

11 Apr
I would say whichever workiut you enjoy. If it's something you like you're much more likely to stick to it.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 10:24pm
via Android

In my opinion I think you should go with p90x the reason why is because I went from 260 to 175  and got insanely ripped in just 90 days with p90x, insanity is only gonna tone you up its not really going to give you as much muscle mass as p90x, also there's another in home workout that's is really good I can't remember the name but it's a mma trainer that made these dvd he trains jhon jones bones from ufc, check it out. Hope this helps with your decision, best of luck ;)

10 Apr
Sounds like what I'm looking for. One more question: is it basically all self body workouts or whatever you call it. Like pushups pull ups etc? Basically I'm at a friend's house during the school week and the only "equipment" I have is my own body weight and two 10 lb dumbbells.
10 Apr
Yea p90x you'll need a chin up bar and dumbbells or bands in order to complete some moves. But if you don't hav these equipment you should go with the mma one I told you about all you need to buy is bands. Don't worry they are cheap to buy. And if you can't afford the bands then I guess you can do insanity but remember in order to get muscle growth you need heavier weights 10 pound dumbbells is not going to cut it you need to lift where you reach failure at 10 to 12 reps. So yea...
Icon_missing_thumb
60 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 10:37pm
via Android

I second what Peter says if you want to be toned or size P90X is a great way to go highly recommend

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 10:49pm
via Android

I could manage getting heavier dumbbells from home to bring and in the basement there's a post that goes across with enough headroom and width so I guess I'm set. Thanks for your input! Everyone seems so kind and encouraging on this app(:

10 Apr
Np hope you achieve your goals and if you want you can follow me for any advice you might need
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 12:18am
via Android

I remembered the name to the home workout its called tapout xt

Icon_missing_thumb
60 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 12:22am
via Android

Its a mixture of P90X and insanity no weights or pull up bar very intense

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 12:57am
via iOS
Definately p90x!! Insanity focuses on losing weight but p90x is scheduled and you jut have to follow along.. Save up for it.. It's worth it.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 12:58am
via Android

Awesome, I never heard of it. I'll definitely check it out thrn.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51