Having trouble quitting smoking

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 9:00pm
via Android

Hi all. Just chasing ideas on help to quit smoking. Im doing weight, core and full body training as well just starting jogging but finding it really hard to quit, I have cut down the amount I smoke but just cant stop. Tried all the usual aids to little effect.... any ideas?

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:42pm
via iOS
I quit after becoming pregnant... That isn't really an option for you! Lol my friend, longtime smoker, switched to electric cigs n swears by um! Not dirt cheap, but somethin to try! He gets his at a kiosk in the mall, i think.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:43pm
via Android

Cool. Thanks annie, ill look into it

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:55pm
via Android

I was a smoker too until i quit 4 months ago. I gave up just like that because my goal was to become a firefighter and tbat interupted my workout session. Nowadays i smoke hookah and rarely u see me with a cigarette. But the way i gave up was i needed to change myself before i go after my goal.

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:09am
via Android

Have you looked into Chantix? I was prescribed those and quit smoking in a week. No withdrawals, nothing. After a week, when I woke up one morning, lit up out of habit, and became sick to my stomach and couldn't even finish it. You have to figure out your triggers too. When do you normally smoke most? After eating? While driving? Out of boredom? You have to figure all those out. Take a notepad for a week with you everywhere, write down each time you smoke, and figure out all your triggers. And then change it. Instead of smoking when your bored, take a walk. Read a book. Hell, go sing to the dog. Just changing your triggers is a huge part of it. But Chantix is a good help. I smoke again due to some issues in life and I broke down and started again. I can't handle stress well. But I was smoke free for 2 years thanks to Chantix and those key points.

Image_thumb
48 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:41am
via iOS
Well i only smoked a few fags in my day (16 yrs old), but i never got "addicted" to them. This is gonna sound stupid but it only makes sense. Before kids became addicted to cigarettes like they are today they were hooked on chewing gum. Seriously try it instead of fags (btw im british: fag=cigarette) i chew gum all day and i have no urge to smoke. I recommend trident or fivegum
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 2:23am
via iOS
Hi  a heavy smoker before and big thanks to GoD that he helped me to stop on this thru using a EC eletric cigarete.I thought that its hard for me stop smoking and alcohol as well but i did it! Smoking and drinking alcohols are both stop! So happy
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 4:53am
via iOS
There's a book written by Alan Carr (I can not remember books name, but something easy like Stop smoking or something). It is great! You find out that book and read it, and if you do as it says, I promise you you will succes! 

I understand it sounds weird (and a bit bad, like hoax), but I do have to recommend it. The succesprosent for Carr's clinics is something like 95% so something there must be right ;) He kinda changes the way you think about smoking, swithes it all up side down so you'll regonize howeasy it is actually to quit. 

I gave up smoking few months ago. It was easy and went just like that. Like many other smokers, I too have quit many times before. This time is different. It is nice to know that I'm never going to smoke again. I mean never. There is no just one cigarette. 

Read the book. I trust you can do it as easily as I did. I'm not going to say "good luck", because I think you don't need it. You'll do just fine. 

Hope you're having a nice day there. Here sun is shining, I'm having my coffee and bakeing croissants while my child's still sleeping in. Love it! 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51