My body HURTS,help please!!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 6:09am
via Android

I just started working out again this past Saturday and my thighs and stomach are in PAIN, i work in a warehouse, 10 hr shifts 4 days a week and its killing me this week, any advice on whay I can do to ease the pain/my muscle aches?

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 23, 2013 6:27am
via iOS
Rest
23 Apr
I get plenty of rest, im doin the 30 day challenges 100 sit ups and 150 squats..
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 6:35am
via iOS
Is your posture good at work? If you use a back brace, are you using it correctly? And how are your shoes? If you are standing all day, or walking, you will need a certain kind of shoes.a good pair of shoes is a worthy investment, or you will have big problems later in life. 

If all of that is fine, then you probably just need to stretch more and rest
23 Apr
Yes my posture is perfect, back straight chin up..i've really never stood w/a slouch..my shoes r perfect, just bought them 2wks ago, they're Under Armour, and i paid a pretty penny for them..i think it's more of the stretching, i need to do that more often
Image_thumb
176 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 7:01am
via Android

Sounds like you're lifting things with your legs, which is proper form if you're lifting a lot of objects off of the ground. Sore muscles are usually a result of lactic acid build up in your muscles. This is a by product of working out you're muscles to the point of exhaustion. The muscles are broken down by the lactic acid and are rebuilt as your body recovers (through rest). Not only that over worked muscles usually tend to develop knots. Take some advice from Luke and Lana, Rest. You can speed up the recovery process a bit by getting a good massage. A good massage will help workout those stubborn knots. If you can't find somebody to give a massage try using a foam roller. Foam rollers are used by many physical therapists for this purpose. You can find some great ways to use a foam roller at ab-workouts-guide.com/foam-roller. Stretching never hurts as long as you don't over stretch the muscles. Be kind to yourself, your health is more important than any job or weight loss goal. Good luck and God Bless!

23 Apr
Thanks Jeremiah, yea i lift w/my legs, but the pain just started hitting me when i started these challenges, 150 squats and 100 sit up for 30 days..my muscles ache bcuz i haven't worked out in over a year..maybe i need sum Bengay lol kidding..but I'll try the foam roller method, maybe that'll help, and I get plenty of rest, maybe too much sleep..
23 Apr
Im doing a 30 day plank challenge! And i feel ya! I think a day or so off is normally needed. But im tryin to push through. And two at once u crazy! :-) LOL. good luck. Take a long hot bath every night. And id say drop one challenge til u finsh the other...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51