Hurting after workouts

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
106 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 12:42pm
via iOS
Yesterday I did about two or more hours of working out with weights and without weights. Today I am hurting everywhere. Should I still workout or should I just take a break for the day?
28 Apr
I did that too but I had a days break to let the muscle recover then done another workout tonight and still saw but do able
28 Apr
I think I might just do casual workouts today like body weight squats or something. Do you think that would be a bad idea? Would it strain the muscles and make the pain longer?
28 Apr
If u only feel like doing a light work out, do it. Don't push your self to hard cos then u will hurt your self
28 Apr
I understand but I've been trying so hard to get back into shape ecpecially before the summer which is like a month and a week away
28 Apr
Anly u know what ur body is capable of...
202997_100000899917082_740127468_n_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 12:53pm
via iOS
It's bad for your body if you overwork your body and tire yourself out. Take breaks, maybe alternate days? But it's a good sign that your body is aching. It means that your muscles are actually working ^^
Image_thumb
106 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 12:56pm
via iOS
Thanks guys!
Image_thumb
176 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 9:41pm
via Android

Iphigenia is right you should increase your time gradually, so your body can adjust properly. Yoy might be sore from anywhere between 24 to 72 hrs, depending on how intense the workouts were. When I first started working out I would go all out, then I was really sore. Of course I learned it was best for me to take it slow and listen to my body, so I wouldn't get hurt. As for the soreness, you may be experiencing D.O.M.S. (delayed onset muscle soreness) because your body was not accustomed to the strenuous exercise. Treatment varies but usually low-intensity workouts help, along with a hot bath, and nice massage. If you can't get someone to give you a good massage use a foam roller (many physical therapists use them on patients relieve soreness, knots, and muscle pain). Check out ab-workouts-guide.com/foam-roller, you can find how to use the roller to relieve pain and muscle soreness. Above all else pace yourself. I know you're in a hurry to look good for the summer, but nobody wants you to hurt yourself. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck and God Bless!

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 10:09pm

I find stretching whenever your stiff really helps - not just once either but everytime you feel your muscles are sore/stiff. When I'm really sore/stiff I'll repeatedly stretch my muscles throughout the day. Takes the pain/stiffness away and I think it speeds up my recovery too!

28 Apr
Thanks ! And I haven't worked out all day and I am still hurting so ill try this
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 11:39pm
via Android

Soreness is a good thing.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 29, 2013 2:03am
via iOS
Hurting and being sore are two different things. If something is hurting, you either torn muscles or stretched past your limits. 110% Recommend seeing a doctor ASAP if something is hurting and is not feeling right. If its soreness, that's a good thing. Soreness is just the body's feedback and its way of showing progress, you'll get used to it soon!
Image_thumb
79 Posts
May 27, 2013 5:05pm
via Android

Weights aren't good for your age. You'll stay short. Try more moderate workouts. Unless you are a crossfit guurl then its Ok to feel pain!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51