New-ish to workouts! HELP!

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 1, 2013 1:49am
via Android

SO, I've probably not worked out hard or very regularly since high school (5 years ago) and things that seemed easy then are brutal now. I haven't and will not give up. I've given birth to two gorgeous children, the youngest being 10 weeks and I want my bangin body back! Any tips? Also, I'm not so great with the diet. A family of four and a full time job make it difficult to cook/shop/eat healthy. Any info there is greatly appreciated. I'm 5'5" about 145 lbs and want to be down to 130, I carry weight in my midsection and I'm so not ready for bikini weather.

An extra note: I'm a recovering Dr. Pepper addict. It's been 9 days since I last had one, or any soda for that matter. I drink water and the occasional glass of tea.

HELP ME!!!

Thank ya, thank ya!

Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 1, 2013 2:03am
via iOS
Hi Jessica,

I've posted this in another thread but the advise is sound in your case as well. Try some of the stretching / warmup exercises for about two weeks every week day, first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. Then move up to tummy focused workout exercises. If using an iPad or iPhone, use the "save for later" option to add it to your calendar with an alarm, so you don't forget. Remember it takes small steps and repetition for form a habit. At least 5 times to start a routine and at least 21 to form a habit. Do 5 - 10 minute casual exercises to start and work your way up from there. Go to the cooking section of the forums for tips on meals that can help you reach your goals and feed your family better as well. You've already taken the first step by reaching out for motivation and starter pointers, so stick with it, post up on your progress daily and jump into the community. You can do this!!!
01 May
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,182 topics, 38,203 posts

Motivation & Support

8,526 topics, 41,859 posts

App Updates

4 topics, 29 posts

Ask the Pros