No results. Need advice

9 posts | Original | Recent

572485_1528990673_93257552_n_thumb
2 Posts
May 1, 2013 2:23pm
via Android

I've been on a strict 1200 calorie diet for two and a half months now plus working out around five hrs a week with no avail. In fact my clothes are tighter. Any advice?

01 May
How long have you been active? Are you just starting to work out to loose winter padding or just started to increase physical ability?
01 May
Started everything 2 1/2 months ago
Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 1, 2013 3:20pm
via iOS
It's not necessarily about caloric intake, if you're eating foods high in sodium that can hinder weightloss, so can too much animal fat. The pill can cause inability to lose weight, hormonal imbalances, Hours of sleep you get a night (most need 8, some people myself included function better around 9 a night). Are you doing cardio? If you see any of the things I mentioned that could cause you to stop losing weight make some changes and/or see a doctor who could offer you advice based on medical history. Best of luck!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 1, 2013 3:39pm
via iOS
I agree with ^^ except expand on that a bit more. If you cut out processed foods (anything prepackaged), anything not fresh produce, meat, dairy, and whole grains you will see results. Foods that say the are low fat and diet aren't always the best bet because the will cut fats (which isn't all bad for you) and replace it with sodium and refined sugars. The best thing you can do is eat a well rounded diet that makes sure you are getting all of the right nutrients.  You can even eat more calories and get better results.  I would say bump it up to 1300-1400 cal per day because your body may be retaining weight because it isn't getting sufficient nutrients and it thinks it is starving. Even eating some good fats, like nuts and evoo will encourage your body to burn fat faster because it isn't freaking out about being starved for things it needs.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:06pm
via iOS
I would like to know where your thyroid level is sitting..might be worth a trip to the Dr if you have done everything..low thyroid (hypothyroid) is a cause for what you are experiencing and a whole lot more...good luck.
Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:21pm
via iOS
Hi Jessica,

You've come this far so you stay motivated and we will stick with you too! I've started a thread on healthy eating habits. Check out my profile and see the one thread I've started and the meal pictures. The workouts you are doing will definately help, but what you eat will determine whether it stays or goes. Also cut out and significantly reduce juices, canned drinks, dairy, breads (empty sugar filled calories), red meat, sweets and empty sugars and stick to mainly water for the next 30 days. If you need inspiration try watching Forks Over Knives. Search on the net and you should find plenty of links to the documentary. All the advise here is great and we look forward to watching your progress as you start to see it as well. 
572485_1528990673_93257552_n_thumb
2 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:23pm
via Android

Last I had my thyroid tested was two years ago and was normal

Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:27pm

it can go up or down at anytime...google hypo and hyperthyroidism and check and see if you have any other symptoms....this is very common with women.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:27pm
via Android

Just push yourself beyond your limits.because there's a lot of energy in your muscles you gotta discover

Image_thumb
144 Posts
May 3, 2013 3:08pm
via iOS
Is your goal weight loss or muscle gain?
03 May
Weight loss
03 May
Add me on Kik: nalix8 and I'll help you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51