30 day squat challenge?

332 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 3, 2013 10:29pm
via Android

Ok day #1 completed! 200 squats down and 5800 more to go..LOL! Can't wait to see what my results r when its over...29 more days! We got this!! ;)

03 May
Way to go! That's great! :D
04 May
Awesome! Keep posted and good luck!
04 May
Thx Tabby and Jude! This challenge is great and I love this little community we have goin on here. It's very helpful when ur setting goals :) Keep it up ladies..we r strong!
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 3, 2013 11:09pm
via Android

Thanks Tabby! 😺 I've always loved squats! Love this challenge but don't get me wrong I'm definitely gonna b sore tomorrow LOL thanks again! Keep up the good wrk yourself! We r πŸ’ͺ !!!! ;)

03 May
Thanks to you! :D Just finished my last squats too. :) Feeling it!!
157871_600893078_2106922759_n_thumb
50 Posts
May 3, 2013 11:17pm
via Android

Oofda!! Still day 2: I finished ny second set of squats! All 200 today! Whoop whoop!!! :D Those jumping squats are really somethin! Haha Feeling pumped! And really starting to feel it now! πŸ‘Š πŸ˜„

03 May
Ok girls you makin me nervous now.. 200!!!!!! That too on second day.. How do you do that?
03 May
I do 2 sets a day. lolz 100 regular in the morning and then 100 jump squats at night after dinner. :) The ones who are doing 200 straight are kinda intimidating me too. Haha
04 May
Then it's normal.. Btw, isn't squat jump risky after dinner? Not so good for your digestive system on a long run.. Check it out..
04 May
Krishna do it bit by bit a day till you reach 200. Like Tabby and Amy. Also don't exercise directly after dinner then that is bad for digestive system. I think believe Tabby waits a bit after dinner before she does the night challenge. Guys keep up the good work!
04 May
Got it Jude.. Thanks dear
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 3, 2013 11:19pm
via Android

You go girl!! Great job, Kick some butt..lol! Feels soo good to workout and accomplish what ur doing. Love it! Stay strong! :)

Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 3, 2013 11:20pm
via Android

Girl that's awesome! Keep up the good wrk and yes, definitely feeling them squats!! :) We got this! πŸ‘Š πŸ’ͺ

03 May
Whoo!! Haha I love your energy! lolz It's catching. :D We So got this. Ha!
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 3, 2013 11:31pm
via Android

LOL! Thx! I crack myself up haha! Girl u KNOW we SO got this! No problem ;)

03 May
Haha! :D
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 4, 2013 1:15am
via Android

Tabby i stopped at 50. Harder than i thought! Im going to aim for 60 tomorrow.

04 May
Great! They sure are pretty hard at first. Good luck tomorrow! :) You can do it! :D
04 May
Great. Am sure you can do it. Keep a time target rather than counts of squats. I kept a time target of 11 minutes with almost 30 sec rest for every 1 and half minutes. Amazingly the squat count went to 105 lol. Try that today and let us know..
04 May
Ooh. That's a good idea. Think I'll have to try that. lolz
04 May
Only do as many as you can and don't push to hard. Just relax and enjoy the exercise. Don't try to do it all in one shot. Take good long breaks between each set of 20 and you'll find you'll be able to finish the full 200 by the end of this challenge.
50 Posts
May 4, 2013 1:38pm
via Android

Day 3: Whoop whoop!! 150 today! :D Pretty impressed with myself. :) Thought i'd be adding 5 on each day.. But I jumped 50! Yaay! Doing the last 50 jump squats tonight. :D Come on peeps! We're doin great! πŸ‘Š

04 May
Yayy! Ur awesome Tabby! Keep it up girl! :)
04 May
Thanks! Haha Right. Back atcha! :D
04 May
Wow that's great.. Keep it up.. Now keep in a normal pace..
04 May
Keep up the good work!
04 May
I was gonna say.. "I'll sure try." Then I'm like.. he'll naw!! I got this! Haha x)
Image_thumb
67 Posts
May 4, 2013 7:29pm
via iOS
Hey girls, squeezed in a 4km run and then whopping 150 squats.. And yeah am walking normally hahaha.. Have a slight pain in my thighs but am absolutely not walking like a zombie.Β 

Glad am part if this group... Β Need you girls to motivate me more..Β πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
04 May
That's awesome! I need to begin jogging myself but I don't have the sneakers yet. All my shoes are heels and sandals. Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress! 😊
04 May
You should buy some nike pair.. By the way, if you use nike+ add me my ID is kkalyan there
04 May
I'm trying to start running too. But I've got asthma so if I run too fast for too long I'll have an attack. :S Going to try to train myself though. :) Great work on the squats Krishna.
04 May
Aww.. Tabby, start with a very slow pace... Slow running for longer time gives you the same burn as with sprints.. Or you may plan for interval runs.. Something like half a mile run and walk for 30 secs or a minute and repeat until you reach your daily mile goal or get tired..
05 May
Thanks Krishna! That'd the best advice I've gotten yet. I'll sure try it!
Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 4, 2013 8:47pm
via iOS
I have to complete day 3 of my challenge. I was out till 3am watching the Ironman movie (all the earlier showings sold out) and now I feel exhausted and sick. I think my allergies had a bad flare out last night.Β 
04 May
Ights. Allergies. Yuck. Hope you feel better soon!
04 May
It was causing me to have trouble breathing so I winded being stuck in bed till 4 in the afternoon. But I made this challenge so it doesn't mean I'm going to stop. I have to keep it going till the 30 days is over.
04 May
That's the spirit.. If not the 100 atleast 50.. But don't leave the day empty..
04 May
Such dedication! :) It's catching. It's so nice for me here cuz everbody elses determination keeps me motivated! :)
04 May
Aww so sorry u been sick Jude! Hope ur better now. Kick some butt girl! You can do it! ;)
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 4, 2013 11:44pm
via Android

Squat challenge completed for today w/ the last 20 being jump squats! Yay! My legs r feeling tight but great! Thankfully I can still walk normal, I guess running in the morning, doin other cardio and stretching helps that, Idk but I'm feelin great! Keep at it everybody!!!

04 May
That's good progress! Keep it up! 😊
04 May
Thanks Jude! I'm determined...I'm doin 5 sets of 20 regular squats then 5 sets of 20 sumo and plie squats (w/ a 5-10 lb. dumbbell) since I don't like the outward squats :) Keep up the good wrk! ;)
05 May
Whoo!! Jump squats! lolz Way to go Heather! :D That's great!
06 May
Lol! Thanks Tabby! :D
Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 4, 2013 11:52pm
via iOS
Day 3 completed!Β I did my 200 squats. But it felt harder today than usual. Thanks guys!Β 
05 May
Superb!!! Good stuff girl.. You are a true motivator.. Go get some rest now...
05 May
Ur doin awesome Jude! Hope ur feeling much better...like Krishna said GET SOME REST! ;)
05 May
I've been in bed for most of the day! Lol I need to do something. I'm a work on my stomach I want abs. You know like those ladies in my Instagram. I'm like following this body builder chick who keeps posting pics of other women with nice muscles. I wonder if I can get like that. You guys really think this will work?
05 May
Jude, I kno what u mean! Evertime I see a pic or workout video of someone who is really fit and toned it makes me wanna wrkout harder and I always wonder if I'll ever look like that. Lol I definitely think if u eat right (which is where I fail lol) and exercise like u should then u can definitely have a body like that. Just keep at it I'm sure you'll get results you may not have thought was possible :) Stay strong and believe in yourself...we can do anything! Those toned, fit women started out like me...
05 May
Way to go girl!! :D If I were sick I would've been a baby about doing them. :S lolz Knowing how hard you guys all work just pushes me on harder! You guys are awesome! And like Heather said, Jude, ANYTHING is possible if you work for it and want it badly enough! :)
50 Posts
May 5, 2013 4:04am
via Android

Ugh! Have only gotten 6 hrs of sleep the last 2 nights.Β  I'm exhausted! But I finished my squats! And really feeling a difference!! :) Now gonna try to get at least 8 hrs of sleep tonight!Β  lolz Great progress everyone! :D πŸ‘

05 May
Great job girl!! You deserve a good nites rest! Sleep well, stay strong :)
05 May
Thanks! :)
Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 5, 2013 5:52pm
via iOS
I finished my challenge for Day 4. I did extra squats because my dad told me to add an extra set for each repetition and I was bored. My sister is also going to begin doing squats; she did her first set of 50 today. I'm a see if she keeps it up. Guys don't forget to post your progress! Let's keep each other motivated! 😊
05 May
Great job! Keep up the good wrk....yayy no plastic booty for ur sister!! Keep her motivated and tell her SHE CAN DO IT!! Squats r great for the butt and legs :) Will post later...haven't got to my wrkout yet today but I WILL!! ;)
05 May
Yaay!! And hopefully your sis can stick with it too. :D I'll post when I get to my own squats!
05 May
It was funny because she looked like she was about to die. She didn't realize how hard these squats were. She continue again tomorrow with an extra 5 squats.
05 May
Lol! I bet she was really feeling it! If ur not use to squats they r tough but once u start doin 'em they feel great! Glad she's decided to wrkout ...good luck to her!! :)
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 5, 2013 5:57pm
via iOS
I will give it a tryΒ 
05 May
Whoo! The more the merrier!!
05 May
Give it a try and let us know your progress! We'll to motivate so if you feel like you're going to die just remember you have a group here going through the same pain. Lol πŸ˜„
06 May
I am lol and thanks that is sweet and I will keep updating
Image_thumb
67 Posts
May 5, 2013 6:18pm
via iOS
125 squats today and also a 5k run.. Damn my thighs n butt are hurting so bad..Β 

But yeah, NO PAIN NO GAIN.. I mean no weight loss
05 May
Just started my first day 2day my thighs n butt burn like hell bt i finished my first 50. I obviously have a long way 2 go!!
05 May
That's great Bert.. Just keep it going and don't stop and you will soon see that shape coming though.. Good luck..
05 May
Lol way to go guys! Keep it up. Like you said Krishna no pain no gain. 😊
05 May
Great job both of u! Keep up the good wrk! Hard wrk definitely pays off :) And don't forget to stretch, stretch, stretch!!!
50 Posts
May 5, 2013 11:38pm
via Android

Finished my 200 for today!! Feeling more firm all over my thighs. :)

06 May
Whoo hoo!! Great job girl!! Lovin the progress :) Fixn to do my 200 or however many I can pop out lol had to get a wrkout in there first! :) Keep goin girl we r gonna look amazing yayyy lol
06 May
Shyaa!! Course we are! ;D
06 May
Keep it up! Well see the results when we've accomplished each goal! 😊
Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 6, 2013 12:37am
via Android

I'm in! :)

06 May
Great! When you begin your first set post here and let us know how it was and from then on just keep posting your progress. You'll be done with your 30 days after those that have already begun but don't worry! We'll still stay in the thread to motivate! So post and let us know your progress! 😜
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 6, 2013 12:43am
via Android

Ok!!! My 200 squats r done for today..last set I did 25 jump squats so technically I did 205! Lol but who's counting right? I am! Lol...feeling great!! Hoping to really start seeing results soon :) Missed my run this morning wasn't feeling good but hoping to go in the morning 😜

06 May
Congrats! Keep it up! I miss working out on my stomach last night. I passed out cold at 8:45 do to my allergies. Drooling and everything. I woke up and was like df? Then I woke up showered and my dad gave me a back massage till I fell back asleep because my back was in pain.
06 May
Thank u Jude! I'm trying hard and doin more everyday! Did planks, squats and stretching before my run this morning then came bck and did some ab wrk before my shower! Lol...felt so good! Got more to do later ...hope u get better w/ those crazy allergies! That stinks! :( Sounds like u have an awesome dad just like me! Wish I could see mine more often tho :( Keep up the good wrk girl its gonna pay off!
Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 6, 2013 1:17pm
via iOS
This thread is open to anyone wanting to take the 30 day squat challenge! Don't worry or stress the fact that others have already begun a few days back. For those who want to give it a shot don't hesitate to enter. Let us know, begin, and post your progress. Don't worry about those that'll be done with the challenge before you. We all will stay in the thread to motivate and support you!Β 
Image_thumb
67 Posts
May 6, 2013 6:58pm
via iOS
Hell yeah.. Another 130 today.. Hahaha

Laughing out in pain.. LolΒ 
06 May
Great job! Doin awesome :)
06 May
Haha I know what you mean, laughing out in pain. lolz
50 Posts
May 6, 2013 7:25pm
via Android

Finished my 200 today! :D Didn't feel em til I hit about 50. lolz My last 50 I did with 10lb weights instead of jump squats today though. :P πŸ’ͺ

06 May
Great job girl! Got em done early too! I've been doin sump and plie squats with a 10 lb weight also...it really helps add the extra weight so u feel it more. I've done only 2 sets so far before my run this morning. Will b doin more later after my evening cardio wrkout...keep up the great wrk girl, ur doin awesome! :)
06 May
Oops I meant sumo not sump Bahaha! :) Sry!
06 May
Thanks! :D haha And what are sumo squats??? Never heard of those before.
06 May
I don't kno the correct way to explain it but what I consider a sumo squat is ur feet super far apart and do a squat. It's similar to a plie squat but I don't usually turn my feet out for sumos. U could google it but tho. I think alot of ppl refer to sumo and plie squats as about the same thing but I do mine differently? I hold a 10 lb weight while I squat. I hope all that makes sense lol ;)
06 May
Sounds good. lolz I'll have to try it out! :D
Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 7, 2013 12:41am
via iOS
I finished my day 5 challenge adding extra squats and adding weights for the first time but I'm sad because I'm no longer feeling the pain maybe it's me and by tomorrow I'll really feel it when I wake up. Guys keep up the progress!Β 
07 May
It's really great that ur adding weights!! Also if ur not feeling it anymore not only at weights but add reps until u do feel it, changing the type of squat should help too :)
07 May
Mhm. Lol my dad said the same thing. I'm a give it a shot tomorrow.
07 May
Yaay! The weights really add to it. :) And don't feel sad. It's still prolly doing something! Keep up your good work! :)
Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 7, 2013 12:46am
via Android

Finished day 4 with 220 squats and one 10 lb dumbbell! Felt great but burns lol...thankfully I don't usually hurt the nxt day :) keep goin ppl! πŸ’ͺ

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 7, 2013 12:59am
via Android

I did 100 yesterday and I'm determined to do more today and add more each day....but dang these things burn lol

07 May
Lol yes they burn when ur not use to 'em but just pace urself. You'll get there! Do what u can and progress from there. U don't have to do them all at one time. Take breaks and stretch! It helps alot! Stay strong! You CAN do it :)
07 May
Thanks Heather! I will definitely remember that and break them apart. ..I think that will be a lot easier
07 May
Ur vry welcome! Good luck and have fun! Keep posting ur progress...we r all here to motivate you whenever u need it! Ur strong...keep up the good wrk!
07 May
Was that your first day?? Better than mine! Haha Good luck to you! Squats are great. And there are so many different kinds you can do! :)
07 May
On the challenge? Yes but before this i'm only used to doing 50 ..I guess I had to push myself lol

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,341 topics, 38,286 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,545 posts

App Updates

42 topics, 103 posts

Ask the Pros

763 topics, 1,947 posts

Workouts and Programs

2,936 topics, 12,161 posts

Trainer Tools