Tips for beginning joggers/runners?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
118 Posts
May 3, 2013 2:05am
via Android

Does anyone have any tips for someone who is trying to start jogging/running but can't seem to stay at it very long before having to start fast walking? What can I do to be able to last longer? And how long should it take before I'm able to jog the entire time? Help!!

03 May
03 May
First off, jogging everyday helps; but for the first weak you should do like 10 minutes everyday. (Jog 5 minutes one way and then return). For week 2, jog like 12-15 minutes total everyday. Week 3 - stay @ 15 min each day, and week 4. 15-20 min each day. After the first month, you're lungs will be able to breathe easier while running, your jog will have turned to a run (even if its a slow run) and your running will feel more natural
03 May
Thanx kyle tht helps me too, because i needed sum advice on running also.
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 3, 2013 7:26am
via Android

don't jog, run! i know that may sound some what unhelpful but you really are better off with intervals of running/fast walk than jogging for an extended period.

best place to start is imo a c25k app something like the one from run double, it's nice being able to track your progress, it'll ease you into the whole thing and as long as you stick with it you'll be covering 5k in no time.

need any help, questions answered or extra motivation just shout :)

Image_thumb
118 Posts
May 3, 2013 10:15am
via Android

Thanks Kyle! I'll try anything..I've always wanted to b a runner! Appreciate the help

Image_thumb
118 Posts
May 3, 2013 10:18am
via Android

Thanks Peter! I guess what I do is more of a run but I usually have to slow down to a jog then stop all together and walk fast. It's frustrating but I'm gonna try to keep at it! Thanks for the tips!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51