Staying motivated

14 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 7, 2013 1:57pm
via iOS
How do you stay motivated when all you hear is negativity? My husband bashes everything thing I do. My exercise wasn't intense enough, I shouldn't have eaten that, you didn't eat enough etc. it makes me crazy. I find myself not wanting to do anything cause nothing is ever good enough. He is always saying negative things about the way I look an it makes me not want to do anything cause I feel like even if I was a size 0 he'd find fault I. That too. Help
Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 7, 2013 2:08pm
via Android

I think its time for a new husband! My first husband wasnt as bad, but he wasnt supportive. Made fat jokes about me when i was pregnant.  I got fed up and started to loose weight, left him and moved on with my life. Now im remarried and had more kids and the weight is back, plus some. my husband now tells me all the time he loves me no matter what size i am. you deserve to feel good about yourself. Keep your head up.

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 7, 2013 2:11pm
via iOS
Thanks.  He has suddenly became obcesses with body image.  He is always making crude remarks about ppl.  I'm so self conscious and it's because of him!
157871_600893078_2106922759_n_thumb
50 Posts
May 7, 2013 2:41pm
via Android

Yea.. I'd have to agree. A relationship you're supposed to support eachother. NOT bring them down. :P If you haven't already i'd talk to him and tell him that his negativity to Everything you do is only making you want to quit and not helping at all and onlu making you feel worthless. You aren't!! If he doesn't start supporting and keeps on making you feek worse i'd have to say leave him! You can do so much better and be much happier with someone else!

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 7, 2013 4:01pm
via iOS
Thanks!  I've been trying to get into to mode of do this for yourself.  I try to eat right but when I can't resist that chip am eat it then I got into the he is right I can't do anything right.  I have no willpower or drive to exercise I fell like what's the use?  I have some many other things I need to do then was my time exercising.  It isn't south the weight I need to loose yeah 10 lbs would be nice but I need to tone up more than anything.  I just can't find the motivation!!!
07 May
I have that trouble too. It's been getting better since I had my baby boy. :) He's my motivation. Just keep looking. You'll find your own motivation! And this app has really helped me to stay motivated too. When you eat that potato chip and then stop yourself.. That IS progress. Just instead of a negative, bring you down thought.. make the mind set of positive thoughts. "I stopped eating those chips. I can do this. I am doing great." Stuff like that. :) Good luck with your goals!! And stay positive! :) YOU can do this!
Icon_missing_thumb
19 Posts
May 7, 2013 8:02pm

When it comes to motivation, attitude is everything. Different people may have completely opposite feelings towards the same task: some will hate it, others will love it. Why do you think this happens? It’s simple: some of us find ways to make any task interesting and fun to do!

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 8, 2013 8:19pm
via iOS
Thanks.  When you hear negativity all the time you seem to feel like what they are saying.  I know this sounds awful but I don't want to do it "for him" and if I start working out that is what he will think.  I wish I could want this for me but honestly I'm happy w me the way I am but his negativity brings me down.  Yes I would be happier with me a few lbs slimmer and more toned but I happy with me.  I'm not ever going to be a Size 0 I never have been!!! I can wear the same size I always have something's are a little tight but I can wear them lol.  It just seems like no matter what I do it isn't good enough and I'm being judged by him.  I feel like he is watching everything I eat and drink which causes me great stress.
08 May
Thank you really you don't know what it means to hear positive instead of negative. I know that my husband has a lot of stress right now and I guess we (family) are who he takes it out on.
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 17, 2013 1:21pm
via iOS
I have officially given up!  I have no self control no will power.  And I can't take the negativity anymore!!!! I don't know what to do or where to even start.  
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 17, 2013 1:45pm
via iOS
Don't give up! Don't do it for your husband, do it for YOU. In my opinion, it sounds like your husband may be insecure himself. Most people that have nothing but negative things to say about others, are. Who cares if he thinks you are doing it for him, YOU know it's for yourself. You can do it! I know it's hard to stay positive when you have someone there that's constantly negative, but if you can find a way to brush off the negativity and continue your workouts, you will feel better as you start to see results. I went through a similar stage with my husband last year. I know the feeling of not wanting him to think you are doing it for him. I felt the same way because I'm stubborn. Lol. Anyway, I finally decided not to care what he thought and started working out on my own and eventually he shut up. ;) now I'm getting into shape and feel great! You can do it girl, just keep your head up and IGNORE the negative comments.
Image_thumb
52 Posts
May 17, 2013 1:48pm
via Android

I agree that's not right of your husband. How are you supposed to feel good if the one person who's supposed to love you no matter what keeps bashing you. I know it is easier said then done, but do what you want. How you feel. If you like your body then leave it alone, if you want to be skinnier, or bulk up then do it. You have to he happy for yourself no one else.  My boyfriend does the same thing kinda but instead of bashing me he tells me to gain weight.

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
May 17, 2013 1:57pm
via iOS
Thanks for the positive words.  He asks me everyday did you work out today?  Sometimes I say yes even when I didn't cause I don't want to hear it.  Then he asks what I did then says well that's not going to do you any good.  You need to weight train etc.  I really don't know how much more I can take. It's a losing battle w him.  I need to start eating healthier but it's hard when you have ball games or practice 4-5 nights a week.  I'm not really much of a meat water either.  I'm just feel like there's no light at the end if the tunnel.
Image_thumb
52 Posts
May 17, 2013 2:09pm
via Android

I take it you have kids and are very busy on top of this negative attitude your getting. Can I ask you something? Why do you want to excersise? Is it for you or him? He has to understand you cannot out dye yourself. You have to do what makes you comfortable, and what YOU think is best for you..

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 17, 2013 2:09pm
via iOS
You sound so much like me before I decide to "just do it." And my husband would say the  same sort of things to me, always trying to tell me which workouts I should be doing and how what I was doing wouldn't do enough etc etc. It really bothered me at first. Finally I said "F" it, and did my own thing and like I said before, now he's supportive and has less input about how I want to do things. Have you tried talking to him about it? Letting him know you don't appreciate him talking to you the way he does? I know it's also hard to juggle every day life and fit a workout in, eat healthy, especially when you have kids. I have two children of my own and is does make it more difficult. You just have to MAKE the time. Get up an hour or even 30mins earlier than usual, stay up 30mins later, do squats in the shower, crunches while you watch tv or lunges etc. while you are at practices. And eating better isn't easy, but if you start slow you can do it. And if you don't want to work out and what not, don't. Life is too short to not live the way you want. Do whatever it is that makes you happy. Good luck girl.
Image_thumb
149 Posts
May 17, 2013 2:10pm
via Android

Damn sorry to hear wat ur goin thru but don't give up there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Me personally I love proving ppl wrong u tell me o can't do some thing and I'm not gonna rest until I prove that I can and when I do I'm gonna rub ur nose in it. Aka any real man and he will tell u women are the stronger of the two sexes yall deal wit way more then any man would in life and I know u have the strength to ova come this. If u ever need any kind of support or motivation I'm here for u keep I head up ma

21 May
Thanks for the encouragement. I need to find something I can stick to. I need to get some sort of diet in place. Do any of you use Visalus? Pros cons? I need variety or I get bored.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51