Getting out of bed!?

3 posts | Original | Recent
64 Posts
May 8, 2013 10:27am
via Android

No matter how many times I tell myself I won't press snooze tomorrow morning.. I stay in bed atleast 30 minutes after my alarm. Im a bad sleeper, often wake up 3-5 am when my alarm is set for 6 am, and I talk alot in my sleep, and sometimes sleep walk. maybe I need more quality sleep, or maybe im just addicted to curling up in bed for too long.. Either way, any tips :p?

08 May
I have had similar challenges (waking up hours before my alarm, for example). With a few adjustments, I have seen some improvements. What time are you going to bed? What is your routine for getting prepared to sleep? A routine for going to bed is's like training: you have to train yourself to prepare for sleeping. Some things that can impact sleep are 1) turning out bright lights about an hour before you want to sleep 2) avoid going to bed and taking a smartphone with you to pass time 3) avoid using your computer for about 30 minutes-1...
203 Posts
May 8, 2013 1:54pm
via iOS
I used to have this problem; I think we all have at one point or another. 

Get a bottle of 3mg Melatonin. Melatonin is the natural chemical your body produces to induce and regulate sleep patterns. You might wake up after 4-6 hours, but you would have slept really well and deeply. Some people claim to have more vivid or weird (good or bad) dreams when starting it. But I found they faded after the first couple of weeks. 

Disclaimer: If you're considering taking melatonin supplements, you may want to check with your doctor first — especially if you have any health conditions. The correct dose depends on the intended use. For example, circadian rhythm sleep disorders are often treated with 0.5 milligrams of melatonin a day, while doses of 3 to 5 milligrams a day might be used to treat jet lag or reduce the time it takes to fall asleep. In addition, remember that melatonin is generally recommended only for short-term use — up to two months. Some research indicates that longer term use might be appropriate in certain cases. 

I've been using it regularly for a few years now, but usually go for several days On when needed, then Off until I feel like I am not getting enough rest at night. I get by on 6-7 hours each night. 
71 Posts
May 8, 2013 2:27pm
via Android

Listen to Jeremy, he knows what he's talking about, I take melatonin sometimes too and it definitely helps!
You could also look into Gaba, if you think the sleeping problems may be linked with stress. Both can be found at most health food/ supplement stores.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51