I suck at weight training. And I'm embarrassed to try at the gym. ?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 23, 2013 5:56am
via iOS
What do I do ha
23 May
What do you mean? Embarrassed to go or to lift in front of others. What I do is take headphones and just zone out. Do your own thing. You are there to improve you. The only true enemy in life is yourself. If you can overcome your own walls you make yourself. You can do anything. You got this. Headphones . Water. Boom .
23 May
Its nobodys business what you're doing at the gym, so you have no reason to be embarrassed. Just make sure you practice "FORM" with lightweight to master the techniques and whatever you do will look great while you're doing it! *Keep up the good work*
Image_thumb
44 Posts
May 23, 2013 6:00am
via Android

Uh, what do you wanna work on? Lol. Look at my workouts I created.

23 May
Lol I was just posting very vaguely I realize. It's late and I'm bored. Ill Check your workouts out though I need some ideas. I guess what Im saying is how do I overcome trying out new things at my gym where everyone stares at you like your stupid if you don't know what your doing.
23 May
Oh, lol. Well, just put headphones in. There can be some real doushers who stare at me and everyone else. Go to the gym with a friend. Makes it easier to deal.
Image_thumb
242 Posts
May 23, 2013 6:17am
via Android

They are staring at you Becoz you're beautifull and not Becoz you look stupid while doing workout ..take out that thought out of your mind .....Do as gym  trainer says ...And one more thing every one will look stupid when they doing workouts first time becoz they Dont know the proper way of doing it ....going on you will be expert and every one will do the workout same like you do (you can observe that )

Image_thumb
168 Posts
May 23, 2013 7:25am
via iOS
Go with a friend and ask for help when you don't know what to do. Everyone of us goes trhrough that first time you actually don't know what you are doing, you just need to suck it up, raise your head and tell people you need help. And don't mind people staring at you. You don't stare people and think how stupid they look like while they're lifting weights, you can count on that they don't stare at you thinking those same things. Propably they think how great it is there's people who keeps themself in a good shape and how pretty you are. So stop worrying.  

And always remember: if you still look pretty after your workout, you didn't do enough. 
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
May 23, 2013 9:45am
via Android

Ask the most friendly looking instructor for some help. And also youtube!! All workouts are on youtube with instructions what they work on and how you should perform them. If this aint enough ask a friend who knows what he is doing to help you out the first few times. So he can look at your form and give you pointers.

Everyone who likes the gym. Likes to help out a friend with there first steps in a gym. Because helping someone else out always helps your own training aswell

23 May
Wow what happend here?
23 May
jeez you don't have to yell! lol
23 May
Dont believe the hype. Im innocent!
24 May
sure ya are lol
24 May
Thats because you are old Bryan and i want you to understand me aswell :-)
Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 24, 2013 5:01am
via iOS
Thanks for all the advice! I think I will look stuff up I wanna do each day and make a plan so I can get in there and do it and not wander around like a lost puppy. 

24 May
You should always do that even if you know what to do. Everytime i go to the gym i make a plan what im training and which excersises i am going to do. Makes your training alot more effective
Image_thumb
34 Posts
May 24, 2013 8:29pm
via iOS
No one should ever be too embarrassed or insecure to go to the gym. Everyone at the gym started somewhere, if it was a string bean or a donut it doesn't matter! You don't have to be great to start but you have to start to be great, remember that! Plus you're smoking hot with tattoos and guys would only beg to help you lift

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51