Hack squats?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
124 Posts
May 29, 2013 5:35pm
via iOS
I don't think I'm doing the form right. I tried this squat for the first time and I winded up hurting my upper left side of my back. Lower shoulder area I guess. Anyways. Idk. But I can't seem to do it right.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 29, 2013 7:09pm
via Android

There are great instructial clips on youtube. You can ask someone at the gym to watch ur form. Hard to judge trough this app haha

29 May
Ikr. I kind of figured that. I did search it up on YouTube. Also I'm at a downfall. I don't have it to afford a gym so I workout at home. I'll ask my dad later to watch my form. He thinks I'm doing to much weights but 20 pounds is what I do normally; if not a little more with regular squats and dead lifts.
29 May
20 pounds should for sure be doable, i agree. You are doing hacksquats with a barbel?
29 May
Yea with barbell. I did the dead lift just fine with the same weight but idk. Later today my dad will check my form or tomorrow.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 30, 2013 8:22am
via Android

It really is a motion you should get a feel for. Feet placement is important check your stance before beginning the squat.

31 May
Yea I was doing the squat wrong. My dad stood with me but I think the damage is done on the upper back, shoulder area. I'm have to try it with fewer until I can get the stance right.
01 Jun
Dit it go better? What you can do is place something flat beneath your heels. Corrects your stance and your back.
01 Jun
A bit better. I'm a going try what you just said today.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51