Help Me Be Motivated

7 posts | Original | Recent

63f8139b4da08d67c415e71ae5340b28-4_thumb
1 Post
May 31, 2013 4:47am
via Android

32 Single parent.I'm on antidepressant. Its a killer on me.Every task is hard.When your diagnosed with major depression. Especially going to gym.The pillsake me gain wt.Went from 118 ti 155.6.I bought a gym membership and used it twice.Now all the sleeping ia normal and energy then is low for deppression studies say.Any help I will post progress and pixs.So I like to be toned especially wt loss.My body fat is like 35 I think.

31 May
Hi Erica, my best advice to u would be to use your workouts as an outlet for your depression, that's gonna get you hooked on that release feeling, and it's gonna make you want to work out, I do the same thing with my anxiety, except I'm not on meds (I'd rather cope without side affects of the meds even tho it's rough). If I can do anything to help motivate you let me know. My Kik is suchgreatheights96.
31 May
Hi Erica, I wish you success in fighting your depression. I know I feel pretty good after finding motivation to punch out a workout or two, even if it's a quick one. If you build a support team, I find that helps keep the consistency. Sometimes I wonder if antidepressant meds, especially long term use of them, are beneficial.
31 May
Great! I really appreciate that.I plan on going today hopefully to a class tonight.
31 May
I've been on the meds since I was 13 now 32! It's is usless.
01 Jun
How's it going today? Feeling better have time to workout? Just have to suffer through the first week or so. After that if you skip a day you feel like you cheated. Few months ago people tell me you'll feel better get to love it. I thought they were nuts. But its true.
Image_thumb
65 Posts
May 31, 2013 7:41am
via Android

Can't imagine what its like trying to workout when depressed. Maybe get you a workout buddy. Im just starting myself. About 2 months now. I know I feel better in every way. Give it time my have to force yourself at first. I did but was worth it.  My kik is danolee

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 1:17am
via Android

Good on you for joining skimble. You're in with a good crowd here. Follow some inspirational people. Start encouraging others & they'll encourage you. Works for me :-)

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 1:47am
via iOS
I'm going through divorce right now. it's hard to stay positive sometimes but I put my frustration into my workout and when I'm done I feel better and I'm one workout closer to my goals. life's hard to handle but I find that finding a way to see positive in the negative helps alot. maybe look at working out as a positive and get excited about it. find what works for you! ;) if you need any advice or whatever there are so many supportive ppl on here and you can ask me too if you'd like. you can do it just get your mind set to a goal! thats the first step. good luck! ;)
02 Jun
Great! Im sure I will thanks! Still haven't been to gym.I will go hopefully later.
02 Jun
I do simple stuff from home since I can't go to the gym. I sprint hills and do squats and lunges. workouts using your own body weight are very effective too like pushups jump squats sit ups planks etc.. if you can't make it to the gym something is better than nothing :)
Image_thumb
133 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 3:10am
via Android

Have a healthy milk shake it always makes me feel better. 1cup horizon 0% milk 1 cup ice 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder 3 scoops of low fat vanilla bryers icecream blend enjoy.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 3:22am
via iOS
Just wanna say one thing beat your bitter bits by heavy workout..bring all your problems, cries together and remove all your frustration out in your workout..just hit it!!
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 5:42am
via iOS
Browse thought my 30+ workout motivation pictures

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51