Is it ok to workout before breakfast?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 4:46am
via Android

I just want to make sure it isn't unhealthy to work out before eating on the days I work out before work

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 5:08am
via iOS
Yes, it is actually better for burning fat to workout after fasting. Make sure to take protein after your workout.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 5:52am
via Android

Its okay depending on how intense the workout is. I wouldn't recommend too high intensity because your body will actually break down some muscle for energy if you go too intense since you have no food in your body and it takes longer to break down fat than muscle so your body will use the quickest method to get energy. Hope this helps and good luck!

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 11:16am
via iOS
No because you cant workout on an empty stomach
02 Jun
No u have to get energy first so later u can work out
Image_thumb
165 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 1:45pm
via Android

I don't think it's unhealthy. I workout before breakfast but when I feel hungry and weak I eat banana or a piece of bread just to put something on my stomach.

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 3:28pm
via iOS
Yes for weight loss or toning purposes working out in the morning is the most effective! But your workout should be short and intense 10-15 mins of hard work then refuel with a balanced breakfast and some protien so you don't burn away muscle. 
Fun fact lol-morning workouts can speed your metabolism and keep you burning calories up to 24 hours after your workout! 
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 3:29am
via Android

Thanks everyone, I prefer not to work out first thing in the morning but im glad to know its ok to do my morning yoga still

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51