Self Image Problems...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 2:55pm
via Android

So...I don't really want to go into details on why I have these problems but anyway...so I've had self image problems for a while...and now whenever I eat something sweet I always need to work out afterwards because I REALLY don't want to pick up weight...it really get's to me and I don't know what to do...I'm 1.69m ...and I weigh 48kgs... I really need some tips...like I can barely eat anything anymore ...and like I'm good at my self control with food...a little too good...I ONLY drink water and I try have as little calories as possible each day...I hardly have any sweet things...like today I had a half a Red Velvet cupcake and half a normal Vanilla cupcake and like half a Gingerbread man...(I know I sound silly) and now I did an intense fat burning workout...I just hate this all and I need some tips...I'd really apreciate it :(

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 3:19pm
via iOS
My heart goes out to you. It sounds like your mind is taking control over your body. I know  how obsessions can take over your mind..make you believe all kinds of lies possible. 

I think you need professional help. A doctor or dietitian to guide on the path of eating right without fear of your mind taking control over you. 
Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 3:23pm
via Android

Thanks...I mean I do see a therapist ...but for other reasons...but I'm going to her next week again so I'll bring the subject up...like...my mom is stressed about me and I don't wana make her stress more...bt she says I don't need to go to a dietition or anything...cause they'll tell me exactly what my mom told me so yeah /: \\ But thanks hay... Just sucks a lot /:

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 3:28pm
via iOS
Yeah sounds like good idea to bring the subject up. I am glad your seeking help. I saw a personal counselor all through my college life. She was great to me. I felt so fortunate that the counselor center was at the college I went to.

My need for approval and perfection become a issue...still is. I guess it's a process. 

Hang in there. You are worthy.
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 8:02pm

First,thing of all..life is short and so make the full out of it u never know when things will change..so live ur life at the fullest..for your craving of sweets,there is an alternative so can still eat them,there is alternative called stevia found in every supermarket..it sweetens everything and is calorie-free,use it in pastries,etc..u r human,after all,u can allow urself things u like,and still be fit..Gud luck

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 8:27pm
via iOS
I believe every one has self image issues, some are just bigger than others. Some ppl have weight issues, some ppl hate their hair,eyes, lips, teeth, feet, etc. no one is perfect and no one is going to look like someone else. 

It doesn't matter how much you try to change the outside, until you change the inside it won't be fixed. 

Issues are issues and everyone has them and I can attest to you that sometimes my self issues seem way bigger than they are. 

You should bring this up with your therapist. Especially since you are acknowledging their is an issue your having, don't push it under the rug, get it out and deal with it ASAP

07 Jun
Thanks everyone :') I apreciate it soo much...the fact that you actually care shows how good you are as people :) I'm.going to try my best to fix this...I'm probably always going to watch what I eat...but I'll try not to feel guilty when I do eat...it's going to be sorta tough but you guys did help me a bit :) THANK YOU x

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51