Help me give up smoking.

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 7:51am
via iOS
Hi guys and girls.
I want to stop smoking but find it so hard, need help please.
09 Jun
Alot of cigarette smokers. Turn to smoking as it relieves them of stress sonetimes caused by social anxiety. Ask yourself why you started smoking and that might help you.
09 Jun
I've learned that when you crave one if you take a couple of deep breathes it goes away. Key is to keep your mind as calm as possible. Without stress there is no reason to smoke, of course some things are necessary to take care of. Prioritize and make these things goals but do not obsess over them.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 8:15am
via iOS
Everytime you crave for a cigarette remind yourself why you want to give up
Image_thumb
242 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 8:19am
via Android

I will support you lol .. Don't smoke ...

Image_thumb
242 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 9:49am
via Android

You should have strong will power .. Its not easy to quit smoking especially for guys when they are with friends ...
So you gotta prepare for it ...

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 8, 2013 10:22am
via iOS
I have heard LSD helps in losing addictions by giving much better experience than others and is not addictive by itself, neither harmful to health.. only shit expensive.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 10:51am
via Android

Only way it worked for me is to turn cold turkey.  Sorry for the long reply but I could not help but share my experience as I thought you might be able to relate better.

The moment I determined to myself that I WON'T BE A SLAVE TO THIS IDIOTIC THING, I got inner courage to fight my urge to go back to lighting another one. Until such time I felt that I can fight this only by becoming strong in mind, I always gave some excuse to myself or came up with some unworkable strategy  and would light up a cigarette. Along side I took up running as a hobby - gave me a good insight on my "health"! The more I ran, the less I felt the urge to smoke and gradually in about 3 weeks. The urge to smoke died by itself.

I also gave myself a challenge of 3 - i e challenge myself not to smoke for 3 hours, then extended that challeneg to 3 consecutive 3 hours and then 3 days, then 3 weeks and then 3 months, 3 years so on...

One point of caution : You will have a strong urge to share your victory over yourself immediately but please DON'T FALL IN THAT TRAP.  This makes you over-confident and would make you try smoking again as you will feel that you have the ability to fight the urge to smoke. But believe me its not - if you give up and fall for this trap, you will end up feeling very miserable. Dont talk abt your victory till 3 years without smoking.  Yes some friends/family members may remark that they dont see you smoking - to that you may just nod and agree without getting into deep clarification of your fight and how long its been since you've smoked etc..JUsT DONT DO IT.

Dont slacken on your running - no matter how slow you are or how hard you breath, continue to challeneg yourself and run everyday. Some days your body will scream for rest but dont listen to it.... i've noticed that the days you dont run, you wl like going back to smoking again - compensate the body's requirement of adrenaline (or whatever harmone it is) rush by running or eworking out in a gym.

Also avoid and stay away from NEGATIVE PEOPLE.

Best of luck and hope you start this fight/challenge right away - remember what you can start tomorrow can be started right away too. Moreover if you really want to fight this why not now?

Image_thumb
168 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 11:05am
via iOS
Alan Carr's book, read it.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 11:47am
via iOS
No one can really help you, we can only support and encourage you. You have to want it bad enough that nothing is going to cause you to pick up the next cig. You need to realize that your going to get stressed and that you will have to find another thing to turn to besides cigs. 

I quit cold turkey about 15/16 yrs ago. It can be done you just have to want it 

There are lots of products out there that can help you quit, patch, gum, meds, e-cig, etc if you can't do it cold turkey.

Brandon G is also on his way to being cig free, maybe post on his thread and support each other also :) 

Best of luck

Btw I replaced my urge to smoke with jolly ranchers. Had bags everywhere til I no longer needed a cig. Give your mouth something else to do beside smoking 
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 8, 2013 1:20pm
via iOS
I quit smoking about 4 months ago and it was only through The Lord Jesus Christ was I able to finally break that horrible habit. I'll be praying for you.
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 3:44am
via iOS
I Weened myself of smoking by  almost going cold turkey. i day that cuz would bum occassionaly off a friend. I am proud to say that I'm over it but could still smoke a cig and not get hooked.   Of course there were several factors that helped (going outside to smoke, rising cig prices, paying at the pump and now going in, and birth of my son) me along the way.  It's not always best to abruptly stop so I recommend first breaking usual habits. Like smoking when waking up or after meals. Journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 8:59am
via Android

Think about the bad breath and discoloring teeth...cancer possibilities...do you want to live long and healthy...how much do you value life?Consider what is significant to you'll...family, life, both.. the possibilities of living up to 100 years...possibilities are endless if you propose yourself to quit smoking cigarettes..good things start to fall into place...have faith

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51