I'm going to do it! :)

27 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 5:48am
via Android

I am going to quit smoking. Set my quit date for today at exactly midnight. Been having a hard time sleeping cuz I started a new med, and usually end up smoking when this happens cuz I'm bored. I've been smoking for the past five years. Hardly ever a full pack, unless there was extra stress, but pretty close. 17 a day usually.
I'm going to need lots of encouragement because my willpower sucks! Lol. But I'm ready!

12 Jun
Good luck! I hope to be quitting soon as well!
12 Jun
Good luck!
12 Jun
You know what you just motivated me to do the same it's a little after midnight but the morning will be cold turkey best of luck to you.
12 Jun
Awesome! We can quit together! :) I'm pretty confident, but a little nervous at the same time. But, I REFUSE to buy anymore cigarettes! Thanks for wishing me luck! :)
12 Jun
Arielle, I just got the impulse today to quit. You can too! You'll know when you're ready. Good luck to you as well.:)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 7:08am
via Android

Hi hun good luck in quitting.  I have quit now for two months after 31 years and put on a stone in a matter of weeks.

12 Jun
Lol. Well, I'm hoping not to gain any weight. Shouldn't be too hard. I only eat when I'm hungry. :)
12 Jun
Well wish I could lol
Image_thumb
149 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 12:01pm
via Android

Good luck we got ur back if u ever need or someone to talk to on those stressful days

Image_thumb
165 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 12:06pm
via Android

U can do it!

2013-05-09_09-34-56_628_thumb
100 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 12:24pm
via Android

Alicia good luck, you can do this, think of all the benefits when you what reach for a smoke write your thoughts down or jump on here and do a workout , or just talk to one of us

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 1:59pm
via Android

I almost have the urge to cave in first thing this morning but I'm holding strong so far let's keep it going!

12 Jun
I've had a couple cravings this morning too, but they were pretty small. :) We're doing good. We can do this!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 5:04pm
via Android

Lunch time at work has made it incredibly difficult but still holding in there!! You can do it too keep it up!!

12 Jun
I understand. Sounds like you're doing great though! :)
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 5:44pm
via iOS
Congrats and good luck to you. Stay strong!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 12, 2013 5:50pm
via Android

You can do it stay strong!!
!

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 5:54pm
via Android

Im not ready yet, but seeing this is very  encouraging. Y'all keep it up. Inspiration is an amazing thing.

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 7:03pm
via Android

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and got rid of all my lighters, and dumped out the ashtray.
I actually got pretty stressed earlier and REALLY wanted to smoke. But, I didn't. :)

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 1:40pm
via Android

It has been exactly one day, 8 hours and 39 minutes since my last cigarette. Not much, but I'm counting it as a small victory. :)

13 Jun
Great job!!
13 Jun
Thanks. :)
100 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 1:44pm
Way to go, small victory's are big.
13 Jun
Thank you. :)
101_0894_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 2:45pm
via Android

Keep up the good work!

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 11:34pm
via Android

I've had a few pretty strong cravings today. Even felt like I didn't want to quit anymore, but I ignored it. I keep looking at the app I'm using, you set your quirks date and it tells you how long it's been since you've smoke, money saved...etc. It also tells you all the health benefits you're getting. When I look at that I get excited and want to keep strong. :)
It also helps that I've got your guys' support as well.

13 Jun
Darn it, quit date* I changed that.
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 14, 2013 5:08am
via Android

Im finding it difficult to overcome cravings during certain times like after meals. Any suggestions? What's the name of the app that you got I'd like to try it.

15 Jun
The app I'm using is called cessation nation. I love it!
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jun 14, 2013 5:20am
via Android

After 10 years of smoking last couple 3 packs a day I quit put the money in a box with a picture of a motorcycle I wanted to buy any time I got a thought of smoking I would read the road test took a year  but had a big down payment for a Suzuki 1000 have not wanted a smoke now for 40 years now good luck

15 Jun
Thanks! And good idea! I should put money away when I want to smoke.
101_0894_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 14, 2013 12:31pm

To fight cravings after meals you can buy some small choclate candies, like Godiva or something really rich.  Keep them in the fridge or freezer and only have one after you eat.  I also brushed my teeth a lot the first few weeks.  Hang in there it gets easier, I promise...  (11 Weeks without 1 puff!) In that amount of time I have saved $488.00!

15 Jun
That's awesome! It's only been three days and fourteen hours for me but I'm pretty determined!
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Jun 14, 2013 1:23pm
via iOS
Hi! Is it still going great? :) 
You should (or just quick look through) read Alan Carr's book, it is actually working :) wise man! I was having some tv-shop vibes from that book, but hey it did worked out! 

I think you're going to do just well, just stay positive and remember why you wanted to quit in first place. First week is the worst (mostly because of the habits) and after two or three weeks it starts to get pretty easy (though there still is some cravings). Then starts the time you actually forget to want anu cigarettes and hey, one dayyou wake up to realize you're so over with smoking and don't even miss it :) 

Good luck toyou, though I think you don"t need it :) 
15 Jun
Thanks! Yep, I'm still doing good. Actually has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just those habit cravings. But I just start doing something else instead.
15 Jun
That is absolutely great! For me it was also easier than I thought it would be :) then again I did try to quit several times before I actually made up my mind and just did it :)
15 Jun
Well I think I've tried two or three times before this. I got the impulse the other night to just do it instead of thinking about it. I'm happy I did. I feel kinda goofy though cuz I'm proud of myself for making it this far. It's only been three days! Lol.
16 Jun
Yeah but time flies by, quicker than you think you've been without cigarettes like year or two :)i'd be proud too if I were you :) keep it going girl, i love your attitude :)
17 Jun
Haha, well thank you! :)
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 19, 2013 5:13pm
via Android

Today marks a full week! : D  Seven days, twelve hours, anda twelve minutes to be exact. I'm pretty proud of myself.

20 Jun
Ugh! My children are seriously trying my patience these last couple days,but today seems to be the worst. I really feel like smoking! But, I don't want to. A week doesn't sound like much, but it feels like it's been a month. I don't want to lose all that progress. I just am really, REALLY wanting it right now. :(
20 Jun
Hey you know the benefits of not smoking. It does get easier so just keep going.
20 Jun
I do know the benefits. When I get stressed it doesn't matter. What keeps me going is seeing those benefits in progress with the app I have. I'm determined to get every one of them to 100%. :-)
101_0894_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 8:09pm

Hang in there!  I tell myself that people who have never smoked manage to get through stressfull situations without a ciggerette, which means I don't NEED one either.   Keep up the good work.

Jeni

20 Jun
Thanks! I'm just so used to smoking when I'm angry or stressed, I need to find a new way to deal with it.
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 9:08pm
via Android

I know your frustration but dont give in find a new vise to help you deal with the stress we know you can keep it going everytime just check out that app and the numbers going up!!

26 Jun
Thanks! I've been doing that. Every time I think about having a cigarette, I don't want to because I don't want to have to start all over. My numbers have been going up, and I get excited. :) How have you been doing?
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 9:32pm
via Android

Good luck Alicia. I have been smoking for 8 years. Quit 9 years ago. Exercising helps a lot cause you to notice improvement in your endurance and start to respect your body more.

26 Jun
Thanks! I have been a little more aware of my health since I quit, and I want to take better care of myself.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 5:09am
via Android

It has been exactly two weeks and none minutes since I quit smoking. Yay me! :)

26 Jun
Crap. That was supposed to say nine minutes. I hate this phone.
100 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 5:11am
Way to go!!!!!
26 Jun
Thank you.:-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51