Depression and excersice

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jul 21, 2013 4:05pm
via Android

Hi I am very new to working out and very out of shape. I am trying excersice to help with my anxiety and depression. I would really like some support and encouragement. Maybe some tips along the way.

21 Jul
Exercise will definitely help with depression. Good luck!
21 Jul
Thanks any tips on where I should start
21 Jul
A good diet is always a good start. Check out the Eat Clean Diet. As for exercising start slow so you don't hurt yourself.
21 Jul
Hi Jill. I caught this post quick and just wanted to spill some encouragement quick. I could go on for days about the benefits of "good mood foods" (look that up) but I'll stick to the exercise on this one. Without going into the whys or how's I've battled on and off the anchor of depression since my early teens. Other than my faith that pulls me through, I've relied on exercise to either distract me, connect me to myself (or disconnect depending on what's going on), act as a healthy way to be able to feel, be a release,...
70 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:01pm
via Android

That's why I'm here, too!!  Nice to know there's someone else.  I've been doing this for about 2 yrs now and it has helped tremendously, but there are still rough days or times I don't work out the way I should.   I'm going to follow you, I would live to hear more about what you're doing and why.

81 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 5:41pm
via iOS
I struggle with PTSD, TBI, depression and anxiety.. I'm a veteran that's got some bad memories.. And running and cycling is like the best best best best way for me meditate.. Gets my mind off of a lot things and helps me regroup what matters. I love hitting the heavy heavy and lifting weights as well.. When your done you just feel like you can take over the world!youll start looking better, feeling better, sleeping better. You will notice the good I promise! Better results then any pill.
21 Jul
That's exactly what I'm looking for is to feel normal without any meds I have tried so many and hated them all
21 Jul
I still take my Meds for depression but I pull a day. Better than lasts years 7 pills.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51