Can't sleep!!!

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
189 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 9:15am
via iOS
I can't sleep.. I'm never able to go to sleep before 3:30am. So much stress and so much on my mind. And when I do sleep I have CRAZY off the wall dreams! My daughter wakes up about 9 so I only get about 5 to 6 hours of sleep every night. I get headaches, dizzy, and I'm tired throughout the day. I'm tired just not able to sleep.I don't know how to shut my mind off so I can go to sleep.
02 Dec
Right there with you Brooke, been my routine so long I think it's normal :) try a few different things to see if you find anything that helps, good luck!
23 Dec
Try Ashwaganda or Holy basil
17 Mar
I'll be honest I used to never sleep then I take meds that help me pass out in like 10 minutes but they take longer for me now idk why but goodluck
17 Mar
Also! Drink hot or warm tea or at least some kind of warm drink it helps :)
Icon_missing_thumb
28 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 2:55pm
via Android

Do you surf and browse the internet frequently before going to bed? If you do, that might be the stem of your problem. Studies show that light emitting screens are in heavy use within the pivotal hour before sleep. The brightness of the screen keeps the mind active making it hard to relax the mind before sleep. You should try to relax your mind by switching off all electrical devices comp ๐Ÿ’ป, phone ๐Ÿ“ฑ,TV etc at least an hour or so before retiring for the night. Give it a go. It may not work straight away but if you do this for a few nights, you may notice changes to your sleeping pattern. ๐ŸŒ‡

24 Dec
Drugs is a big no no as you are likely to become addicted and reliant on the drugs to put you too sleep and this cannot be good for you in the long run! Try exhausting all other methods to help with sleep i.e yoga, a light workout even a cup of milky cocoa etc Mmmm..... and if all else fails, ask your doctor for advice on any natural herbal products you can take to help with your needs but consider this as a last resort! Merry Christmas Brooke!
Image_thumb
311 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 3:45pm
via Android

Melatonin. I use it every night. Its natural. Look it up

Image_thumb
388 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 12:40am
via iOS
I forgot to tell u I take a half an ambien every so often to knock me out for six hours. U gotta be careful with it tho, remember tiger woods, wrecking his escalade because he took ambien an hour b4, it could make u do crazy things but I've never done weird stuff using it..agree with Nate melatonin works but for me it wares off after a couple days, plus it's a hormone so u gotta b careful with that stuff too.๐Ÿ˜
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 5:51am
via Android

Music

Image_thumb
347 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 7:25am
via iOS
Do yoga..n meditate a few minutes,you feel calm n relax..or workout until you are done..gud luck๐Ÿ˜บ
Image_thumb
610 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 7:32am
via Android

Try this Yoga Chill Out before bed it has helped a few people on here get some decent sleep.

Image_thumb
191 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 10:36am
via iOS
There's an app called relax m it's got loads of tranquil music and background sounds like ocean, birds, city noise whatever u like its great to get u super relaxed and its free. Hope it helps๐Ÿ˜„
Icon_missing_thumb
135 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 10:44am
via iOS
I have a hypnosis app on my phone that works that well I don't need it anymore. I guess it's worth a go.
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 11:47pm
via iOS
I take Melatonin sometimes but recently I've been using hypnosis. Seriously, it sounds odd but hypnosis literally works miracles.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 24, 2012 12:03am
via Android

Try to calm your self before you get ready for bed and think positively. Good luck๐Ÿ˜Š

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 24, 2012 5:18am
via iOS
Quite honestly, and with a nod to the very well intentioned herein offering meditation and other potential solutions, I have found that - after years of insomnia and the horrors that accompany it - only 2 things work for me. One option cannot be discussed in the mixed company associated with this site but think Amsterdam. The other is Ambien, or any similar solution (i.e. Stilnox), which works but one must be careful using it. Ambien should be treated with respect or you can quickly get addicted to it, use it when needed but try not to use it everyday. The long term solution is to lower the stress in your life but if your anything like me that'll take a lifetime anyway ;)
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 24, 2012 7:01am
via Android

All I gotta say is...........4/20 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Image_thumb
191 Posts
Dec 24, 2012 1:22pm
via iOS
With the whole smoking suggestion. Be very careful as this doesn't wrk for everyone and can have the reverse effect and leave u buzzin ย till u can't sleep. Also u don't wanna become addicted unnecessarily. If ur smoking cause ur smoking that's different but if ur doin it to sleep/ loose weight or any other related reason u may not get wat u bargained for.
25 Dec
Who suggested smoking?
25 Dec
I don't know Nassib, who did suggest smoking??
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jan 23, 2013 7:20am
via iOS
Right behind you๐Ÿ˜ž I also get the dizziness, nausea,headaches and tiredness threw out theย 
the day. Ever since I started dieting and working out I'm trying really hard to get my 8 hrs but its hard. I must say that by 11 pm I turn off all the lights and its helped me. Trust me ill have my eyes open in the dark for a while but ill eventually fall asleep quicker that having tv phone and lights on. I hope this info helps
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 23, 2013 7:25am
via Android

Try a bottle of rum n red bull

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 23, 2013 11:51am
via Android

That would be Jon that suggested smoking pot not cigarettes which may actually help but is illegal depending on where u live.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 23, 2013 12:26pm
via Android

do u know wat i think........ i think that u should play around move ur body untill its the night youl get relly tired thats wat i do so GOOD LUCK ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘โœŒ๐Ÿ‘ think possitive kk

Image_thumb
103 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 10:21pm
via iOS
I can't sleep either. I went to the doctor and they sent me to a mental health center and put me on kolonipin it has helped me so much I pass out in like 10 mins and sleep throughout the night. You might wanna look into it or something similar
Silviehibdon.2_thumb
42 Posts
Nov 23, 2016 11:52pm

You may want to start with tracking down your daily activities and thoughts. This will help you see habits and thoughts that wire your mind. You can then try modifying your schedule and thinking patterns so that your mind is not spinning in the evening.ย 

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback