Anxious, help!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 2:31pm
via iOS
So I have been picked for a local athletics thing. I'm supposed to be doing 1500m. It's quite a big thing, loads of different schools will be there and I am extremely nervous about it. What if I'm really sow compaired to everyone else? And I'm really scared to lose almost and I'm just incredibly anxious about it
14 Jul
The important is to participate and have fun , the rest it doesnt matter . Good luck and dont be scared ; everything is gonna be okay
16 Nov
You are great. You can do it. Put in the effort and love yourself all the way - winning or loosing!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

All you should do is find a workout that strenghtens your legs and do it daily + you should run at least two laps at full speed and when you think your stamina is out run a few meters more every time. And dont be anxious just belive in your self.

Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 7:57pm
via Android

Yeah I remember being in a similar position. Though I went with being the pace maker so my team mate could break the inter-schools record. Strangely both team mates did and came 1, 2 and thanked me. I finished 6th although I was meant to drop out, but I just felt comfortable.

Anyway what I found helped is to clear your mind and just focus on your breathing and one foot infront of the other. It's a race sure but your biggest opponent is exhaustion, so at the start keep your adrenaline in check and just short "boost" to your comfy pace and good position on the track. So keep a good rhythm, breathing, strides and your pace will come naturally. Then last 80-100m empty the tank. Everyone respects a sprint finish no matter how long it takes to get there.

Also remember to just have fun and enjoy it. You got picked so you're the best! Think Forest Gump and Finding Nemo, "Just keep running/swimming"

14 Jul
Thank you! It's tomorrow and this helped me calm xx
Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Jul 15, 2014 9:46pm
via Android

So I'm just interested to hear how was the race? Hope you survived and had fun, if not? Well you now have a story to tell and the memory of the time you ran the 1500m for your school

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:07pm
via iOS
It ended up alright yeah. When I was on the start line I could see, and everyone else could too, that I was the least experienced there. I tryed not to let this discourage me though. It was a mixed of year 9 and year 10 (I'm in year 9) I just tried to block everything out. When the gun went off I foucused on getting myself to a position in the middle, which I very quickly achieved. By the 2nd lap I was starting to slip places a bit, but I kept my head in the game and told myself I could do it! I kept my place for the majority of the race. I had half a lap to go and by now everyone was completely exughsted. I used all my power and streanght to absaloutly spirt my heart out, to the finish line, overtaking at least 3 people
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:08pm
via iOS
I ended up coming 7th out of 12! Im pretty happy considering it was my firt proper race against people who have been training properly and run for clubs! I'm now looking into entering more as I got such an amazing buzz after! My runner number is now proudly stuck on my wall! Thank you so much for your support!!! Xx
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:12pm
via Android

Dont worry. Your competition is not with anybody else. Your competition is with yourself. Just train hard everyday and push yourself everyday to the limits, so that there are no limits !!!

17 Sep
Agreee!!! Your only opponent is yourself and you have to know your limits and go beyond it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51