Insomnia! Help!

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 2:14pm
via Android

Hey everyone, I've been having major insomnia issues! Anyone know of any good nutritional items and/or other tips that help with sleep?

05 Oct
Deal with the underlying cause of the sleepless nights, that's the only way...
05 Oct
Same here. I also can't sleep.
05 Oct
Don't workout past 9. No T.V., computer, phone. Trying reading or sex before bed. :-)
06 Oct
Try asmr look for it in YouTube it first seems wird but it really helps sleeping! Just listen.....
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 3:00pm
via Android

I have similar problems I get around 4 to 5 hours sleep most nights and was just talking to someone who recommended meditation...

I was thinking that being in an aware wired mindset all day my mined cant shut down I'm either lay in darkness waiting or reading on Internet...I figure its worth a try!

....and the evening snack might not help also cut out coffee after 6ish if you drink it!

06 Oct
I went a week with no coffee . Most night unless am completely wiped out my mind just going and going. Shy 9 a sledgehammer and some pills I dont sleep regularly lol. But don't like pills not am fond of the sledgehammer either
06 Oct
I tried some music by Enigma once and it had some heavy breathing in one song jump out of bed hyperventilating...I dont like pill either but might be the last resort!
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 3:34pm
via Android

I also have sleeping problems i only sleep about 4-6 hours  night sometimes i will just workout until i can't push anymore. Reading after a good workout and breathing exercises are very relaxing also. Good luck to you man

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 3:37pm
via Android

I've been told that melatonin is a natural sleep aid. I've tried it before...it works but i don't like taking sleep aids

05 Oct
If it's natural it should be good. I'm not into pharmaceutical services.
05 Oct
Reading a good book. Seems to calm mind body and soul.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 4:31pm
via iOS
Look at my topics started under my profile. You will find I've started a topic on 27 better ways to sleep. There are amazing tips there that can help you sleep better.
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 5:26pm
via Android

Awesome! Thx

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 9:05pm
via Android

I take trazodone everynight to sleep and its great, with no side effects.

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 12:10am
via Android

Great advice everyone, ty so much for all the feedback!

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 5:27am
via Android

I bought melatonin pills. It says take 1 but I take 2. It helps a lot

06 Oct
I bite a 3mg pill in half. I find I feel weird the next day with too much. Then I drink a cup of camomile tea with it. The two in combination put me out in about 20 mins. Or, for the same mix in a pill, these work well for me and my kids. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004VEXRTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1412577244&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 3:23pm
via Android

Vaping a good Indica strain :)

06 Oct
I would spend the whole night contemplating the meaning of life or someother philosophical uselss nonsense.  Vaping is not as good either...even with the £400 volcano!
06 Oct
I've seen a lot of bad reviews on the volcano and a few people I met didn't like theirs. Some strains keep me up and are better for the day but now there are so many strain reviews also and new blends.
06 Oct
I just use a box vaporizer that was 100 usd. I find that pills either don't work or carry on to the next morning. I have a history of stokes in my family due to insomnia my father has had small strokes for about 15 years now. It's not for everyone but worth a try as not sleeping is one of the worst things you can do. I've tried pills that helped me sleep but I ended up being very forgetful and sluggish also I gained weight.
06 Oct
The magic flight box vape? I heard good things about it but not that its better than a volcano but being portable has its advantages...Most of the complaints on valcano have been not portable and inhaling from a bag....only glue sniffers use bags one person said...Im in UK so box are about £70 here..oh sorry I have to say this but your beautiful :-)
06 Oct
I've tried that one too but I have the one that's a box it just stays on the table with a tube. And thank you :)
Image_thumb
107 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 3:55pm
via Android

I seem to have same problem.  It seems no matter what I try or do I can't sleep most nights I get 4-5 hours sleep. But eventually it catches up and I sleep for a good 8-9 hours.

Silviehibdon
45 Posts
Nov 16, 2016 7:57pm

Write down the thoughts that go through your mind when you can't sleep. Then think that causes these thoughts. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51