Can't sleep

17 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 2:36pm
via Android

don't know why but I've always had problems falling asleep or staying asleep. Any helpful ideas????

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 2:38pm
via Android

You might have Insomnia. What I used to do to bypass this is I drink some warm milk and turn off everything that creates noise in the room. Actually, if it helps, I suggest you get an ambient sound app on your device. Soundrown is a personal favorite of mine.

23 Nov
Darnk maillk
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 23, 2014 3:46pm
via iOS
Try reading a book!
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 3:49pm
via Android

Thank you. I know they did some studies when I was little but I don't remember what happened. But I will try and hopefully it works. Thank you.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 3:50pm
via Android

I've tried reading. :( I get to interested and have to read more. :/

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 23, 2014 4:01pm
via iOS
Sleeping pills  .. No dont. Crank up the A.C, enough to make u shiver.. Cover yourself with a cosy blanket, that sudden warmth helps me get to sleep in a jiffy
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 4:02pm
via Android

Really??? OK I'll try it only problem I took the ac out. Guess an open window is the next option.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

Start winding down one or two hours before bedtime. Dim the lights, turn off the TV or at least turn down the volume, start preparing your mind and body for sleep. Bedroom should be dark, calm, uncluttered and cool air. If you have the possibility, keep the bedroom only for sleep, no work or daytime activities. There are also natural remedies that can help you sleep, visit a store that sells herbal medicines. If nothing else helps there's nothing wrong with taking sleeping pills. Sleep is one of the most important things for maintaining good health. I've had severe sleeping problems since I was a child, and these are my best strategies.

02 Jan
Me too :(
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 4:53pm
via Android

thank you for the advice I've always had this problem. But thought it was normal. I've gone days with out sleeping. But I will be trying to change that.

02 Jan
I know the feeling :(
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 6:00pm
via Android

Melatonin, is a natural sleep aid you can find in the vitamin section at your local store, I know several people who use it and swear by it.

14 Jan
I use liquid melatonin because I can adjust how much to take. If you're vegetarian, make sure to read the label. Some capsules are made of gelatin; the melatonin itself can come from bovine or other animal sources.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 6:08pm
via Android

So I helped them sleep?

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 6:10pm
via Android

Yes, and it's all natural

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

Definitely need to try it. Thank you.

Image_thumb
109 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 8:14pm
via iOS
Some natural herbal tea mix could help you. And dont workout some 2-3 hours before bed,it could be the reason if you do some intense activities,working or other emotional things.just calm down.recently i have read that  it is enough 15 minutes of lying down calm to  fell asleep,havent tested it yet but may work.
24 Nov
Oh yes, herbal tea! There's one called Sleepy Time, I think it's by a British manufacturer, that knocks you right out.
Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 9:57pm
via Android

Great advice Anna and Anete.
Another thing to try is one of the sleep monitoring apps available. Many of them come with 'white noise' lullaby tracks (like rainstorms, ocean waves, etc) which I have found help me when I can't sleep. (I use 'Sleep by Android' on my Samsung phone - should be one similar for iPhones)

24 Nov
I've had lots of help from the sleep tracker I use, SleepBot. I now know how many hours of sleep I need and I've also learned to go to bed and get up at roughly the same time every day, which has lead to much better sleeping quality.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 2, 2015 5:01am
via Android

I'm in that boat too. It is very hard on me

02 Jan
me too!
Silviehibdon
45 Posts
Nov 16, 2016 7:23pm

I have a similar problem. Try to take a hot bath, put oil in the water and give yourself a gentle massage. Drink a non-caffeinated tea (mint, chamomile) with milk. Try to turn off electronics, as the light interferes with melatonin in your body that you need to fall asleep. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51