Yoga

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 6:44pm
via Android

I want to start light morning yoga along with my 6 days weight training a week. Do you guys recommend any particular yoga workouts on here? Just want to have a little more self awareness through yoga and if it brings the body fat % down too than that'll be awesome :D will appreciate any help ☺

13 Dec
Hi I've been practicing yoga since I was 10. If you like I could create a yoga workout suited to your needs and level.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 12:23am
via Android

That would be amazing yes please!  :D

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 1:16am
via Android

I'm asking these questions to better help you ok..

How long would you like the sequence to be?
How often will you practice?
Do you also want to improve your flexibility?
Do you have a yoga mat?

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 3:15am
via Android

Anywhere from 15-20 minutes added flexibility is great and I would do them first thing when I wake up everyday unless you'll say otherwise. Does carpet works as a yoga mat?

14 Dec
Raja, I don't think a carpet could do... I've tried many things, but a fitness mat is just way better. Ok, mine isn't special, a little slippery, but it does the work. Just try it, there are quite cheap ones which are pretty good.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 11:07am
via Android

Well I will try to get one next time I go to the market but till then can I workout on the carpet or perhaps a blanket or a rug? The rug is supper soft and not slippery at all.. anyways thanks for the input :)

14 Dec
I only asked because kneeling on tiles hurts and carpet will do for a while. I personally prefer practicing outdoors on the earth but when it rains I stay indoors. The pain from tiles no longer hurts me.
14 Dec
Oh okay no outside isn't an option lol too much prying eyes if you know what I mean :p inside is preferred :)
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 11:32am
via Android

I'd say the rug then... A blanket didn't work for me, but over a carpet maybe, why not. I don't know, it's just my floor is slippery, I guess ^^

14 Dec
Haha oh well try placing a towel or something or you already got a fitness mat?
14 Dec
Fitness mat for the win! I love it! I had a beautiful collection of bruises on knees, elbows and back (different colours, sizes LOL) and it has sensibly decreased :)
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 12:43pm
via Android

Yesterday did yoga !
felt refreshed bro
u must try yoga once !

15 Dec
Yeah I have tried it before thanks for the input :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 1:42pm
via Android

Beginner Morning Yoga it's an easy workout and if you like it I can creat another. Do not force your body into the poses: if you can't smile alter the pose.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 14, 2014 4:42pm
via Android

Thanks yeah I've tried doing those poses and I can do them well I'll give this a try and then update you thanks a bunch for the help

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 8:50am
via Android

Did the workout today just had a problem with seated forward bends everything else was all good.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 1:33pm
via Android

Yoga is amazing! It's loosened me up so much and I'm a much better Rider and Jumper, I'm even implementing it in to my session plans for my Basketball Coaching! My advice would be, start with the very basics and build a strong foundation, let the moves flow into each other and you will soon see results! :)

15 Dec
Yeah hope to :) thanks :D happy working out
15 Dec
Enjoy it dude!
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 2:18pm
via Android

Miss you babyboy ;)

15 Dec
Haha miss your presence too girl ;) here's to a better body for us hopefully lol let's get fit shall we? :p
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 7:45pm
via Android

I love yoga and it's what I miss the most since hurting my foot two weeks ago.   I personally like having an instructor guide me.   How are the yoga workouts on here?   Anyone ever try Yogaglo?

Silviehibdon
45 Posts
Nov 16, 2016 7:37pm

So great to see your interest in yoga. You can follow me on this app. I create new workout every week. Pick the one that suits your needs. For a starter, I recommend my collection "Yoga Starter Kit" 

16 Nov
oops, see reply above. should've commented, sorry.
Image_thumb
202 Posts
Nov 16, 2016 10:49pm
via Android

Hi, you do realize this dude asked this question in Dec 2014 eh?.  He slso hasn't done and logged a workout on here (ie, been active) since May 2015. So he's not likely to take your advice.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51