Winding down before bedtime

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 5:05pm
via Android

What are your favorite workouts to do before bedtime? I'm sometimes really tense which gives me a horrible tinnitus and makes it hard for me to relax and fall asleep. I use an acupressure (nail) mat to relax my neck and shoulders, but some workout to wind down would be nice too.

02 Mar
I tend to use the same one. Not really a work out. More stretches. Yoga for sleep. Short and sweet. :) It relaxes me and although I can't guarantee sleep every time it does help.
02 Mar
Thanks! Supine butterfly is one of my favorite poses. I often stretch my arms over my head and take hold of opposite elbows while doing it. This opens up the shoulders as well.
02 Mar
You're welcome. :)
24 Jun
Brisk walk or cardio routine at least one hour before seems to help. Sometimes a small fan that gives a little bit of white noise and a soft breeze helps.
24 Jun
I normally have a bath then some yoga lovely . But always end up going to late .xx
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 6:39pm
via iOS
Seven Sleepy Stretches For Slumber *E
The wife created this one for me coz I sometimes get insomnia 
02 Mar
Thanks!
02 Mar
You're welcome
20 Apr
Just looked at this and think it will help loads, thanks for sharing the link :)
24 Jun
Oh sorry to hear that Scotty my son does too. looks really good gonna try this later :-)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 6:38am
via Android

Melatonin pills , hot tea , and some tv. It's what work for me. And I've always struggled with sleep. I've tried just about everything. I cant do stretches because I'll start going overboard but I've heard certain stretches can help.

03 Mar
Ugh, TV is the worst for me. Or anything that involves bright lights, movements and noise. A friend of mine has recommended melatonin pills but here they're only sold to use for dealing with jetlag, so I've been hesitant. Maybe I'll try now when I've gotten a second recommendation!
24 Jun
You have to be careful with Melatonin Your body produces it naturally so when u take it especially on the regular! You'll need to continue to take because ur body will become dependent on it! A health lady at vitamin shoppe told me because with last job I got off late and wanted to go straight to bed!!
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 24, 2015 1:59pm
via iOS

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51