Getting rid of acne

24 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
69 Posts
Feb 15, 2013 9:56pm
via iOS
I have bad acne and I wash my face every morning and I've tried proactive and I've been to a dermatologist please help
16 Feb
Clean up the diet and foods that you are eating. Stay away from processed and fried foods, try to stick with more vegetables and fruits. You can do it!! Stay awesome.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 15, 2013 11:57pm
via iOS
It all kinda depends on the kind of acne you have. For me, I did a lot of research, and found that mixing 2/3 castor oil (cold pressed) and 1/3 virgin olive oil completely cleared up my skin. Since they're oils, they moisturize and don't strip the skin of its natural oil like most face washes do, so your glands don't feel obligated to produce more oil which causes acne.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 1:31am
via Android

Provactive sucks, i use to use it and it didn t work, now i use biore scrubs, eat green apples everyday there good for the skin.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 16, 2013 1:58am
via iOS
I started to use proactive and it's been the best.
No more acne for me.
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 2:05am
via iOS
I think it depends on age because I used it when I was about 13 years old but it seems like its for older people
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 4:39am
via Android

Maybe they improved, cause before,  me and alot of people i knew used it and i never saw results.

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 4:48am
via iOS
My skin clears up when I drink tons of water :)
Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 10:03am
via Android

I cleanse my skin with tea tree oil and it has cleared up my skin. Better than anything I've ever used before.

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 2:53am
via Android

I've been washing my face with cold water. It reduces redness and inflammation. Works great.

Image_thumb
75 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 2:58am
via Android

Any products that have sulfur have been amazing to my skin!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 17, 2013 3:43am
via Android

Acne is part of being a teenager. I can understand how acne can be bother. Clarity Clear Skin Essentials is what my teenage girls use. It's a 4 step regimen that includes a face wash, astringent (which Clean&Clear and Nutrogena doesnt have), a moisturizer (that ProActiv doesnt have), and a breakout treatment. An earlier post mentioned about something about moisturizing. It is very essential because it protects skin from drying and flaking without clogging pores. Clogged pores is what causes acne. Clarity has salicylic acid that helps stop acne before it can even get started.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 4:55am
via iOS
I'm 22 and have tried everything. Proactive didn't work for me either. It depends on your skin tho because everyone is different. My skin is particularly difficult because I mainly get under the skin blemishes, which are red and painful under the skin's surface (rather than simply blackheads or whiteheads). My skin has recently improved a lot (knock on wood), thanks to Murad acne regimen kit. I also use Burt's Bee's blemish stick, this is my secret weapon lol. It really helps heal up bad blemishes, stings a little tho. The most important thing you can do is stick to ONE regimen (not like ten different products and brands), give it time to work and kick in (4 weeks, as hard as it may be. Your skin can actually get slightly worse at first, which means the product is working and purging your skin's impurities), and use the amount directed. Using more of a product can actually make things worse, so only use the amount suggested in the directions (it's hard I know, but it works).
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 3:45am
via iOS
Aztec healing clay works
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 3:56am
via iOS
Is it like a stick of Chapstick and where can I get it
18 Feb
It's powder that you mix with apple cider vinegar or water. You buy it on amazon it's really cheap. 12 dollars for 2 pounds. If you don't believe me read all the reviews it's amazing.
18 Feb
I also use Vaseline total moisture cocoa radiant body lotion on my face. I know some people say body lotion isn't for faces or whatever but it sure works for me.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 4:28am
via Android

Any thing good for dark blimishes?

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 6:16am
via Android

Everyone has different acne. Im 24 and have been struggling with acne since i was 10. Finally caved and went to a dermatologist after spending a good $100 on proactive for 6 months. Ive tried every over the counter treatment ive seen. After seeing the dermatologist i learned my acne is all internal. A clean up of my diet and a super antibiotic that i take daily has done what nothing else could. Within a week i saw improvement and now its almost completely gone. Talk to your doctor and see what type of acne you have beforeyou go trying a bunch of topical washes and creams that could only make your skin worse.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 9:25am
via Android

When i was a younger, i got acne from drinking weeeery much sugared water. I buy pepsi cola from neighbour, he worked at the brewery. Bad stuff for me. I adwise you to drink and eat less sugar, in soda and food allover. (Cookies, cakes, candy, chocolate whit low contence of solid cocoa)

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 9:38am
via Android

Drink a lot of water daily!:)

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 9:41pm
via Android

Use Noxema

1. Rub it into your face
2. Leave it for about 10 min
3. Wash it off

You can get it at walmart or target idk if walgreens has it

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

and you can also put toothpaste on a bump on you face and keet it on there all night. Then wash it off in the morning and the bump will get smaller.

186681_710540506_1935241439_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 22, 2013 10:42pm
via Android

Find a mary kay rep and get their acne treatment gel its the only thing that works for me was blessed with acne in fourth grade

23 Feb
I happen to be a Mary Kay consultant! Let me know if you want some info!
Image_thumb
74 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 2:17am
via iOS
waters the absolute best thing for acne! drink plenty of water and wash your face 2 times daily. when you wake up and before you go to bed.
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 2:26am
via Android

I use proactive its great!! And accually works!!

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 9:52pm
via Android

My little brother and I use neutrogena naturals and that helped a lot.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51