Stress Relievers

23 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
30 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 4:41pm
via Android

What is your favorite way to relieve stress? I've had a lot going on in my personal life and it has had me stressed to the max. I have been slacking with my workouts, not eating well and hardly sleeping. Help me out, fellow Skimblers!

18 Mar
1. Working out 2. Good laughs with friends 3. Watching my silly kids do crazy stuff 4. Watching comedy movies. 5. Spending time with people that care about me. 6. BOOZE! Lol
20 Mar
Listening to music and running :)
02 Aug
I agree with sd3
09 Aug
Cats can relieve your stress because they are very silly and make you laugh!!
20 Nov
First and foremost, focus on yourself, take care of yourself. If you can put your personal matter on a back burner. Establish 8 hour sleep, good diet, and workouts. Mediated and think in positive and self-compassionate ways. You'll find out that tacking your personal conflict that stressed you out will be easier.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 16, 2013 4:52pm
via Android

Get Dr. Wayne Dyer's book or audio CD "the power of intention". keep an open mind and the stress will melt away.

16 Mar
I'll check it out.
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 4:54pm
via Android

Meditation to clear the mind and put things in perspective should help. I find it useful. Especially beneficial if you do it regularly/everyday

Essential Daily Meditation

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 4:56pm
via Android

Meditation and boxing because beating things up is always nice

16 Mar
I like beating things up.
16 Mar
Right, rather things than people and get in shape while you're at it.
18 Mar
Yes... Beating things up is number 7 on my list.
20 Mar
Those are the two things I was going to say...also spending time with my husband always works for me cos he's really chilled out and makes me laugh, so maybe spending time with someone you know who's like that? Laughter is a great stress relief.
21 Mar
I'm not married, Katy, so spending time with my husband isn't an option. The guys in my area are like kids, which makes dating as stressful as ever and I have enough on my plate already.
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 4:59pm
via Android

Meditation...yoga...steaming...massage...long walks outside...

Image_thumb
133 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 3:42pm
via Android

Running

17 Mar
I just got back from a nice run...it does clear the mind.
17 Mar
Getting ready to knock out 5 miles today
17 Mar
I was stressed and I tried running the other day it helped soooo much :-)
17 Mar
I put on pandora and let my mind wonder...some of the best thearpy.
17 Mar
Its great until reality sets in again...lol. I just have a lot to deal with right now, but running gives me a temporary outlet.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 8:55am
via Android

Sexual pleasure

541110_441622649222407_1140046401_n_thumb
54 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 10:16am
via Android

Dancing!! And listening to MUSIC <3 <3

And.... Staying cool and calm and alone and drinking cold (chilled) water or ice tea :)  lol

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 3:13pm
via Android

I usually dance it out, or i read a good book (: music helps too.

Mar 20, 2013 3:39pm
via iOS
Music reading walking bubble baths .... Among other things
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Mar 29, 2013 11:42pm
via Android

Draw,write or paint about it-creativity helps lots!

29 Mar
And eating well gives u energy 4 longer so eat well again!!!!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 3:37am

My stress does not reduce untill I do not share my problem with my close ones. Things got more clear after having those discussed with someone. 

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 8:08am
via iOS
I use a medicine ball. I go outside an
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Apr 6, 2013 8:09am
via iOS
I use a medicine ball. I go outside and slam it to the ground as hard as I can. Burn alot of calories and great stress reliever
Image_thumb
133 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 3:14am
via Android

Medicine ball slam are great I second that advice.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 2, 2013 3:45am
via Android

Grow your own food, consciously try to make 5 people laugh every day. Feed some one needy.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 12:51pm
via Android

I listen to music, or write, those two things always makes me feel better some way.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 3:22pm
via iOS
Best stress relievers is talking to my mom and closest friend. No point bottling it all in and lashing out...really doesn't help.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 6:02am
via Android

Go to a good indoor shooting range with my husband and friends, fire off at least 300 rounds,  have an awesome, relaxing dinner,  see a action packed movie, then enjoy some amazing quality time at home with my hubby... 

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 12, 2013 8:41am
via iOS
Yoga with some classical piano playing does it every time. If I'm stressed and angry, I get my kick boxing gloves on and go to my punching bag to get some kicks and punches out. That helps a lot...that's when I listen to my good old punk music!
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Aug 1, 2013 8:16pm
via Android

1. A nice long hot bath with some aromatherapy like a great set of candles. 2. Music that you love! 3. Funny movie 4. Sex 5. Huge chocolate bar!! 

Image_thumb
102 Posts
Aug 2, 2013 12:56am
via Android

Meditation...working out...sleeping...long walks...yoga...reading

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 12:04pm
via iOS
My photography hobby has taught me to look for what's beautiful even in ordinary situations...sharing them through social media (i.e. Instagram) and getting feedback from others motivates me even more. I do suffer from occasional bouts of depression, pessimism and lack of motivation, but these are when I find physical activities to be most beneficial. If your usual 30minute workout is a challenge when you're stressed, do yourself a favour with a 2-minute plank. This way you won't beat yourself up for skipping a workout as you are still doing something to benefit your fitness. Even if it is only a couple of minutes, it will help lift your mood by still feeling a sense of accomplishment!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51