via Android

Share and amaze us.

Image_thumb
165 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 8:43am
via Android

Googlefacts: "More calories can be burned by a human body just by thinking"

14 Apr
its true! dont u feel hungry after studying hard..or working on some project or presntation?!!!
17 Apr
yes ..its absolutely true
25 Jun
Lol if they were true, I would be skinny as model. I think too much :p
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 10:01am
via iOS
By the time you have reached old age, you will have walked approximately 70,000 miles.
17 Apr
How old?
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 2:13pm
via Android

I'm alive ;)

Image_thumb
165 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 2:57pm
via Android

Great power comes great electricity bill..

14 Apr
That's cute. Made me laugh :)
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 3:01pm
via iOS
  • If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
  • If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength.
  • Bodies are creatures of habit. The more you exercise, the more your body learns to burn fat rather than storing it.The best way to judge whether or not you are exercising at too high of an intensity is to see whether or not you can carry on a conversation. If you can't, you may want to back off of the intensity just a little until you can.
  • No wonder your feet hurt - running puts four to seven times your body weight in pressure on your feet.
  • Regular exercise is linked to better sex, because it can improve body image, energy, self-esteem and overall fitness.
  • Dancing is a terrific and fun form of exercise that can improve cardiovascular fitness just like any other more formal type of exercise.
  • If you're always in a bad mood, then getting fit just may help. Regular exercise can enhance mood and overall well-being.
  • The top three factors that determine whether or not you will stick to your exercise routine include having support, finding a workout that you like and knowing what you're doing. Your recipe for fitness success just may be working out with a buddy doing something you love after having received formal education on how to do it.
  • If you have an inactive spouse, chances are that you will be inactive, too.
  • In spite of what you may have read, there is no "best time to exercise." It turns out that the best time to exercise is when it works for you.
  • Women's top three recreational activities are walking, aerobics and working out, while men's top three are golf, basketball and walking.
  • Regular exercise can reduce the signs and symptoms of PMS.
  • Being dehydrated reduces exercise performance. Make sure you hydrate for peak performance during a workout.
  • Visualization can help to improve your workout. By visualizing yourself completing the exercise before you actually perform it, then you will be able to perform the exercise with more intensity and effectiveness.
  • Visualization of specific exercise actually causes the muscle synapses to fire as if you were performing the exercise. Does this mean that you can get all of your exercise in your mind? Not necessarily, but visualization can be a valuable part of your workout.
  • People who cross-train with a variety of exercise are more fit and less injury-prone than those who exercise using only one or two exercise modalities.
19 Apr
How do u no all that?
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 3:21pm
via Android

Penguins have an organ above their eyes that converts seawater into fresh water.

14 Apr
Wow! I'm like speechless!! Thats so cool!!
Image_thumb
165 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 12:23am
via Android

If you think someone was staring at you: Yawn. If they yawn back they were staring.

15 Apr
17 Apr
Omg, a lot of people look at me then!
17 Apr
Rotflmbo kylie u to funny
17 Apr
17 Apr
I'm gonna try that
Image_thumb
165 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 11:04pm
via Android

In Italy, people will wear red underwear on New Year's Day as a symbol of good luck for the upcoming year.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 11:16pm
via Android

There are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels in our body.. if all put in a straight line..

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 6:32am
via Android

Wow such interesting stuff!  Geat post!  The reason wedding rings go on your left ring finger, is because there is a vein starting from that finger leading all the way to your heart <3

16 Apr
Naw! That's wild and cool;)
16 Apr
It sure is =]
23 Apr
Its not true
23 May
All veins eventually lead back to yew heart one way or the other
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 1:14pm
via iOS
  • For every 25 pounds of excess weight, your body needs to pump blood through an extra 5,000 miles of blood vessels.
  • How much air do you breathe every hour? You breathe about 700 gallons of air.
  • What is your body's strongest muscle? It's your heart - which beats approximately 100,000 times per day. That means that in just 10 days, your heart beats one million times. If you do sustained, intense exercise daily, you'll reach a million even more quickly.
  • Your heart pumps about 74 gallons of blood in a single day - enough to fill up three gas tanks!
  • A normal sized heart weighs about the same amount as a softball.
  • All but 10 ounces of your brain, which weighs approximately three pounds, is water.
  • It takes 70 muscles to speak a single word.
  • Your body has more than 650 muscles.
  • Blood circulates through your body very quickly. The average time it takes for your blood to make the entire circuit is 23 seconds.
16 Apr
Strongest muscle is tongue..;)
16 Apr
Actually, the strongest are the masseter and the gluteus maximus.
16 Apr
Its controversial.!! Depends on power performing wise and area to muscle fibers wise..!! Guinness world record for exerting maximum power is for Masseter ( jaw muscles)..
16 Apr
Hey sir bryan.. may i ask for some help from u..
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 1:47pm
via Android

Woman blink almost twice as much as men

16 Apr
Fact: i blinked after reading this x)
16 Apr
That's a good fact :) x
17 Apr
No wonder women can flirt beter
17 Apr
Lol i like that kylie.
17 Apr
Not always true Kylie lol.
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 3:49pm
via Android

Largest organ of body is Skin..!!

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 3:56pm
via Android

There are 3,500 calories in a pound!  So if you gained a pound, thats how many calories you consumed D=

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 5:27pm
via iOS
Fitness Facts
  1. Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories per gram respectively.
  2. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound.
  3. Insulin and growth hormone have an inverse relationship.
  4. The average person can store 500 grams of glycogen.
  5. Only fat and protein are essential macronutrients – carbohydrates aren’t.
  6. Muscle glycogen is about 3 parts water to 1 part glucose.
  7. You burn more calories during the 23 hours you don’t exercise than the 1 hour you do.
  8. You don’t need to do cardio to lose weight.
  9. The fat burning zone does not burn more total fat calories – only a higher percentage of calories from fat.
  10. You’re never too old to do squats.
  11. Weight loss is not a physical challenge– it’s a mental one.
  12. The scale cannot measure body fat percentage. However, this $5 body fat caliper can.
  13. You can eat anything you want and still lose weight – but weight doesn’t always equal fat.
  14. You can’t target fat loss – fat loss is systemic.
  15. Muscle does not weigh more than fat – it’s just denser than it.
  16. 0 grams of fat on a label doesn’t always mean there’s no fat in the food product.
  17. Whole grain bread is still a processed food – pick one that has few ingredients.
  18. Eating healthy is not more expensive than a junk food diet.
  19. You can’t calculate body fat percentage from height and weight alone – you need to physically measure it.
  20. You can get glucose from both protein and glycerol – not just carbohydrates.
  21. Just because a box says “whole grain” on it, it doesn’t make it healthy.
  22. You should never attempt weight loss at the expense of your health.
  23. Being vegetarian doesn’t just mean you don’t eat meat – it means you follow a plant-based diet.
  24. Workout times and negative side effects are positively correlated.
  25. Gym membership prices are negotiable.
  26. Cooking your food can both lower some nutrient content, and make some more bioavailable.
  27. There’s a high correlation between the fitness level of the people close to you, and your own physical fitness.
  28. It’s harder to put on 10 pounds of muscle than it is to lose 10 pounds of fat.
  29. Once an adult, fat cells can be created, but they cannot be lost – only shrunken.
  30. Eating at night does not make you fat – overeating does.
  31. You don’t need to do curls to get good biceps.
  32. Being skinny does not automatically mean you have a low body fat.
  33. The perimeter of the grocery store is where 90% of the healthy food is.
  34. If bad food is in the house, you’ll be more likely to eat it.
  35. Thyroid hormone output and exercise intensity are positively correlated.
  36. Healthy levels of testosterone are good for both men and women.
  37. You don’t need a gym membership to strength train.
  38. Unless you weigh less than 100 pounds, it’s unlikely you need less than 1000 calories to lose weight.
  39. Workout intensity is positively correlated with the degree of EPOC – the afterburn effect.
  40. There are 3 types of skeletal muscle fibers – type I, type II-A, and type II-B.
  41. 80% of people who begin an exercise program will quit.
  42. The body has 3 energy systems – ATP-PC, anaerobic glycolysis, and aerobic.
  43. Strength gains come from muscle hypertrophy and improved muscle fiber recruitment.
  44. Dehydrating a muscle by 3% can cause a 10% loss of strength.
  45. The thermic effect of food (TEF) is highest for protein.
  46. Lactic acid is not the cause ofdelayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
  47. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
  48. Direct abdominal exercises are not necessary to get good abs.
  49. You can lose weight and still gain muscle; likewise, you can also gain weight while still losing fat.
  50. Consistency and patience are key to long term successful weight loss.
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 6:04pm
via Android

Hearing sb calling your name its actually a sign of a healthy mind!

17 Apr
My mind is VERY healthy mind
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 6:05pm
via Android

Talking to yourself actually makes u smarter !

17 Apr
I'm a feakin genus!!
17 Apr
Bwahahaha kylie please stop
17 Apr
I talk to myself a lot. I call myself a person who thinks out loud.
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Apr 16, 2013 6:05pm
via Android

Gum increase your memory ...

16 Apr
Getting a box of gums today..;)
17 Apr
Same here lol
17 Apr
And boost the brain by 10%
17 Apr
Really???!!!
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 4:20am
via Android

Heres 5 fun facts
1#
A blue wales tounge in hevier than a elaphant
2#
About 10% of the world population is left handed
3#
The average person spends about 2 weeks of there life kissing!
4#
The human heart weighs less then a pound
5#
1 out of 20 people have an extra rib

17 Apr
P.s. I have A LOT more...I think 5 is good enough
17 Apr
Post 5 everyday... :-)
Image_thumb
112 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 9:44am
via Android

This topic is really FUN to read! thanks for initiating it, Cielo!

17 Apr
Ure welcome. :-)
Image_thumb
165 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 10:12am
via Android

A person who looks good from behind = "Talikogenic."

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 12:17pm
via iOS
1. People who exercise as little as 15 minutes a day have a 14 percent lower mortality risk than people who don't exercise at all.

2. Exercisers can improve their performance by as much as 50 percent if they eat dark chocolate regularly.

3. Men who exercise vigorously are only one third as likely to experience erectile dysfunction as men who exercise very little or not at all

4. Depressed people can alleviate their symptoms by as much as 47 percent with regular aerobic exercise.

5. Three times as many college graduates as high-school dropouts exercise regularly.

6. Exercisers can improve their performance by as much as 15 percent if they listen to music while working out.

7. Waiters and waitresses walk twice as much as lawyers and police officers do on an average working day.

8. Six percent more men than women exercise regularly.

9. Workers increase their physical activity by 8 percent and burn 25 more calories on casual-clothing workdays than on workdays when they wear regular office attire.

10. People who want to quit smoking are twice as likely to succeed in quitting if they lift weights than if they don't lift weights.

11. Avid swimmers have a 50 percent lower mortality rate than runners, walkers, and people who don't exercise at all.

12. Astronauts lost 15 percent of muscle mass and 30 percent of muscle performance during six months at the International Space Station, despite their aerobics-focused exercise regimen.

13. Teens who exercise are 36 percent less likely to develop brain tumors than teens who don't.

14. White Americans exercise 16 percent more than Hispanic Americans and 10 percent more than African-Americans.

15. Runners who stretch before running burn 5 percent fewer calories than runners who don't stretch.

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 12:33pm
via Android

Fun fact = i am happier when i am healthier

22 Apr
I'm happier when I'm shopping with a killer body:-)
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 12:36pm
via Android

Brianna, r u married ? Do you want to be  ?

17 Apr
Thats a question not a fact

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51