How many cups of coffee in a day?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 6:21pm
via Android

I get tired sometimes from my workouts and need a little push so I act like a junky looking for coffee.

20 Nov
To feel tired means that your body is tired, which is a sign for a rest. Why do you think you need a little push when your body is clearly telling you to stop?
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 6:32pm
via iOS
Do you drink coffee regulary?
23 Apr
I mean daily.
23 Apr
Yes, 3 cups, but on my tired afternoons, am extra 3
23 Apr
23 Apr
It could be the coffee that actually makes you tired (or too hard workout) in the first place. You know how coffee works right? If you're not willing to give up caffeine, try even slow down with your training and listen to your body, when it is time to rest. ;)
23 Apr
Hmmm okay
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 7:48pm
via Android

From what I've read, there is actually many health BENEFITS to drinking coffee, Mari. In moderation of course.

24 Apr
Yeah, when you don't overdo it. Coffee isn't healthy if you drink more than a cup in a day (cup meaning about 1,5dl). Coffee drinkers don't do so, they drink few cups a day (cup meaning big teacup wich is about 2,5-3dl) or even more, because _coffee makes you tired_, that's how it works and that's why people keep drinking it: they think they don't wake up without coffee, when actually it is the caffeine that keeps people tired. And when body has burned that caffeine, it needs more to keeps itself going. It is like a drug, it works...
24 Apr
the reports I've read cite health benefits to two cups a day, even decreasing overall risk of death by 10%.
24 Apr
of course if a person has an addictive personality then it may affect them differently. i do not.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 8:55pm
via iOS
I drink a lot of coffee because im always busy. I do not however drink it before i workout or run cause apparently it dehydrates you, but i drink 2 cups of water and a coffee afterward.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 23, 2013 9:03pm
via Android

Hi, I dont drink coffee, I feel energized after I workout..im aldo on a multivitamn., one a day.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 10:15pm
via Android

Its rare that i drink more than 3 a day. More makes me all hyped and restless and makes me want to move some pianos to the 10th floor.

But i think its very personal not every person reacts the same to caffeine!

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 1:09am
via iOS
Used to drink ... well, way too much.  More than anything posted so far on this forum.  I now try to keep it to one cup per day.  I have now become hooked on white tea.
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 5:38pm
via Android

organic, high quality beans are the best choice, and have many health benefits.

don't add the extra sugars and sweet stuff, that's mainly when the coffee becomes unhealthy.

overall two cups a day is fine.

also, if you're drinking sodas or other caffeinated beverages throughout the day, that's worse.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51