Depression

18 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 1:08pm
via iOS
Does anyone here workout because exercise releases natural happy drugs in your brain?
04 Jun
Yes I do too. I love the feeling exercise of any kind gives. Would more than likely go nuts without it.
27 Jun
Yes I do too!!
187194_1260300950_1622903875_n_thumb
1 Post
Jun 4, 2013 2:23pm
via iOS
I do too. Makes me feel so much better. A natural high.
Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 2:48pm
via Android

Yup...me for sure :P Just makes me feel amazing after having a rough day :)

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 4:57pm
via iOS
Yes indeed, if I don't get my workout in then my mood definitely sucks!
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:16am
via iOS
Since I've started exercising I've been having up and down moods. Like one moment I'm fine, then next the slightest thing pisses me off like out of nowhere. So to be honest I don't know. I'm trying to control it though. 
27 Jun
Me too!! What can we do?
School_picture_of_me_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:30am
via iOS
I'm going through a divorce right now. Exercise is helping but I still can't get out of my depression. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
05 Jun
Make the point of working out to better yourself ..for a new future, but most importantly.. for a new present. Find some things you would like to work on, whether it be.. less depression, more energy, feeling good, looking good, gaining muscle, losing weight.. and motivate yourself to do it for nobody but yourself. Focus on those goals and make deadlines. Whether you reach the deadline feeling accomplished or not, treat yourself to something you enjoy or a day off.. because you still worked through it. Make it a routine and you will begin to feel better in time.
05 Jun
thanks, I will have that as my goal
05 Jun
There are some natural herbs you can take that will help increase your mood. 5-thp they sell at Walmart. Also St. John's wart and others, try those in with your vitamin routine and see if that helps, sorry about the divorce, but it will be ok in the end.
Image_thumb
191 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:33am
via iOS
Yup exactly the same with me, makes me feel better and about myself 
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:34am
via iOS
I turned to working out as a release. For anger, depression, anxiety, etc....the worse the day, the harder the workout. After that, take a nice long shower and wash the days BS down the drain. It is truly amazing how many benefits come from exercise.
05 Jun
my mantra
School_picture_of_me_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 2:01am
via iOS
Lisa, thanks for the help, I want to calm myself, I am so sad, I will give these a try, both from Walmart?
05 Jun
Yep,do an Internet search on mood inhancing or good mood herbs and see what comes up. That way you can find one that is a good fit for you, might also add male in the search :) Divorce is so hard, especially when it's one person walking away, :( and the other wants to work on it
05 Jun
I just sent you a pm :)
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 7:18pm
via iOS
Anyone dealing with social phobia and obsessive compulsive thoughts? I sometimes feel like I'm in tug of war between avoiding going to new places versus thinking what if.

26 Jun
I do. I prefer to workout in my home when nobody else is here. I really want to start running outside, but I'm always scared someone will see me. I have forced myself to go two or there times, but it's so uncomfortable, I quit pretty quick.
26 Jun
Yh i get that alicia. Thats why i go at like 6am. But going to the gym with friends or jogging is good.
27 Jun
Well, I would do that but my fiance leaves for work at 6, and I have kids.
27 Jun
I realize that if I don't venture out, I'm limiting myself. I can handle going to the mall or going to the movies with my friend. If a place is packed with people, I tend to get claustrophobic. So, busy public bathrooms I avoid like the plague!
Jun 25, 2013 10:28pm
via iOS
buy a bike, go cross county, beautiful scenery will ease your depression.. also go with biking club when you do cross country.. it will be a lot happier if you do it with company than you do it alone. you will be suprised how being tired(like its the only way to live or you can live) makes you very very happy and fulfilled.
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 10:47pm
via iOS
YES! I turned to exercise as a healthier way to deal with stress:) rather then starving myself this way I'm able to eat as much as I'd like and exercise it all off and feel AMAZING ! But still learning to balance!
Jun 26, 2013 5:39am

I do have that kind of feeling before. I never knew how I over come that. its just, I loose myself whenever I got into rhythm that I don't care anymore. and I guess sometimes that worry make us think too much. back then, I wouldn't want to go outside or gym, though I never went back to gym. I keep my self running on the street, I would run, and run until I find myself a place where I could run more without disturbance. Sometimes I hear them say, "go run.. you can go too far that you will be on other place(sarcasm)", but what I do now is brush it off and just run. once you got your rythm the only thing you could hear is your breathing. run like it was your last day on earth. just enjoy.

623565_100004005181078_1205327992_n_thumb
34 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 6:03am
via Android

Am unemployed for two year....excercise keeps me going..it relief me..feel confident...and am also feel handsome after excercise

Jun 26, 2013 6:23am
via Android

Yes, it release stress.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 26, 2013 6:25am
via Android

Si

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 7:39am
via Android

Yes,I exercise daily if I dnt I feel not like myself...

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 10:30am
via iOS
Yep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51