How to find time to workout being a single parent with 3 kids??

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 1:50pm
via Android

I'm finding it very hard to find time to work out with 3 little ones. My son is 2 and my daughter's are both 5 months old. Twins. Plus I live alone without a partner so its hard. The only down time I can really even imagine getting the chance to work out is when I put all the babies to sleep at night. Are there any other parents struggling with this as well?? And if so when can u work out? What's the best times during the day for you??

10 Jul
Nap time, it sucks but if you only get 15 to 20 minutes of exercise its better than nothing. Also if you can find a buggy to attach to a bike or one that you can push. My daughter loves moving around plus I enjoyed when I was a small child as well.
Icon_missing_thumb
20 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 3:38pm
via iOS
Well if you really want to workout, you'll find a way no matter what!!!
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 10, 2013 3:52pm
via iOS
The shower.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 4:03pm
via iOS
You can get this 24 minutes a day workout... Try it out http://www.advocare.com/130451173
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 4:15pm
via iOS
Do you have access to a YMCA? They offer memberships based on income and have childcare. That could give you an hr or 2 break and a chance to work on your health. 

If that's not an option. You will need to determine if this is something your gonna make time for and if its important enough to you? If it is you will have to use nap time, or any free time you have to workout. 

If your not willing to give up your time, focus on your eating. 

I'm a mom of 7 and work. I know how hard it is to find time. The thing is you can't wait to find time, you have to make time for you 

Btw I work at a YMCA so if you have any ? Le me know 
371121_1015877653_1527863625_n_thumb
1 Post
Jul 10, 2013 4:17pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 11:43pm
via iOS
I'm a mom of three...and us mom know consolidation is key! :)
If u shower in the morning set ur alarm 30 min early. Do as much as you can to raise ur heart rate and sweat before u jump in the shower. You can do this if u shower after the kids are asleep at night also. 
Playtime with kids on the floor play peek-a-boo silly face sit ups... while ur kids are near ur feet...believe me!...the kids will push I to do more!!! Lol
Do heal raises while cooking dinner. 
Potty reverse crunches...when u take a potty break...tighten ur abs and raise both feet off the floor 10 or so times or as many as the little ones will allow. U can do these on the edge of ur bed getting in or out...it all ads up! Follow me if u ever need any motivation! You can do it! 
13 Jul
And YMCAs are great!!!!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 11:45pm
via Android

Thankyou so much that really helped give me some ideas. I appreciate it. Started following you.

13 Jul
Yay!!! My mantra is ""still" doesn't burn calories" any extra movements help! Look in the things we've got to do everyday...brushing ur teeth...u can wall press, squats, alternating lunges, heel raises. Do a full squat or lunge everyone u pick up a toy. Mommy bridge...I think it's really called a butt press or something. Where u lift ur butt off the floor and tighten to stay flat. Ur kiddos can crawl under you! When u grocery shop...load the kids and as u put ur bags in the car alternate right and left arm curls with ur bags...ur picking them up...
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 1:00am
via iOS
I'm a mom of three kids too, and I've established a morning ritual. I wake at 5am every morning (6 on the weekends) and get my cardio an abs done for the day before my kids even are awake. Some mornings it is tough, but I love that time for myself and it really pays off! 
Good luck! Three sure is a handful!!
14 Jul
Yah girl I just had twins and I got a 2 yr old that won't leave me alone when I try and work out. Lol I just might have to start waking up early just to work out. And ur profile pic... Ur body is fantastic!! Way to go. I hope to get back to that one day! :)
14 Jul
The great thing when they're little is that they need lots of rest! Capitalize on that. The thing that's hard, I'm sure especially hard with twins, is that you're exhausted... Don't be to hard on yourself; you'll figure it out, and if you need a nap too, then take it. :) things will calm down and if you're willing to make time for yourself, it will get easier. My kids are 6,3,and 2. They are so used to seeing mommy workout now that even my littlest asks me, "are you gonna do burpees Mommy?" Hang in there. You've got this!...
14 Jul
Proving its a good example to set for your kids too! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51