New mom

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 7:13pm
via Android

Anyone recommend a good postpartum workout? My baby girl is 5 weeks old and I just started working out to get rid of this extra baby weight! Thanks in advance!...I love this app btw! :)

370525_100001257860841_1741105281_n_thumb
15 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 7:16pm
via Android

Not sure but u look good

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 7:31pm
via Android

Walking.  Take it slow and make sure your body has healed.  Walking is great shortly after having a baby and you can put your baby in a stroller and go explore new sounds outside.  After a few more weeks, and once you have healed, you should look for full body workouts that interest and challenge you and fit into your baby's schedule.   You may want to do some lower ab work a couple times a week as those muscles often get stretched durring pregnancy. I did turbo fire in feb (2011) after my baby born in oct (2010) l and it was amazing!!  But there are a lot of Skimble workouts that are great, too. Just seach "full body" and "lower ab."

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 7:51pm
via Android

Thank you! We've been going for walks when the weather permits, it's been in the 90's+ so I hate taking her out in the heat! I've been doing some crunches to strengthen my abs but nothing too intense till things heal a little more. I'm going to start doing more cardio to loose the weight then I'll do some strength training to tone my muscles. Thanks again! :)

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 9:33pm
via Android

Hi!
My baby just made 4 weeks today and today marked the first real workout I've started using this app. The workout was 20 mins long and I made it through with difficulty. I am out of shape, but that's expected after you have a baby! I do come from an athletic background (track&field), but I'll link the workout for you to try @ your leisure. Remember when you're doing your ab workouts to use an abdominal binder or girdle. Transverse ab(lower ab/back) Excersises are great for us postpartum ladies! Good luck! ...I'll link the workout in a separate post.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 9:35pm
via Android

Lose That Baby FAT!!! Here it is! Good luck to you. I also have a couple workouts you may like in my profile. Feel free to check thoes out too!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51