Today is Day 1

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 4:24pm
via Android

Last night I was shopping, I realized I use to never worry about if what I was buying would show my belly rolls. It was about whether I liked the item not whether it disguised my fat.
I have 2 little girls at home who are just 16 months apart. Those 2 pregnancies were hard in me physically and having 2 babies at the same time was hard in every way. My youngest is now over a year old and it is time to regain control. I just phoned our local gym & am dropping the girls at the playtime center so I get my first workout going. But the big question is... Where do I start??

26 Jul
You going into the gym is the first and biggest step, after that its like as if you gain momentum.. Do they have group exercises at your gym? For me those worked best when I didn't know where to start... Good luck!!!!
26 Jul
They do but not as frequently in the summer. I was hoping there would be 1 I could jump into today but the timing doesn't work out with my girls naps. I am going to go and get my weight, test the girls in the play center & hopefully remember how to work the cardio machines
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 4:55pm
via iOS
I would have gone outside and ran to start. but since you're at he gym I hear doing some jogging or walking for like 15 and then doing a core workout is the way to go. you can use this app to learn some workouts if you don't know any.
26 Jul
I can't run outdoors.. My old back injury gets aggravated. But here now and planning 15 mins cardio plus abs
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 5:53pm
via Android

Ok just finally left the girls in child minding..  Crossing my fingers it goes ok. My little one doesn't like to be left. Just weighed in..  Yikes! This is why I don't have a scale at home. Nearly 170lbs..  I use to think I was fat at 140 .. All of a sudden that's my goal..  I didn't think I would be that heavy..  :(

Image_thumb
89 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 6:11pm
via Android

Ask one of the trainers to help, some gyms charge and some are free (at least for a trial). I see a lovely lady at my gym she helps me mix things up every month or two to keep it interesting and she knows how to target my worst spots. So worth it, I lost around 15kg and kept it off.
Well done for making a start,  good luck for the future x

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51