Single parent needs motivation

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 10:34am
via Android

Aloha, I just joined this network to become a healthy & fit role model for my 2 beautiful girls. I have a lot of stress factors going on in my life now. I am finding it hard to get motivated. Instead of rocking an exercise routine I sit depressed lacking respect for my unmotivated self. My youngest is a year old. I had a hard high risk pregnancy with her which led to hospital stays & un wanted weight gain. Also because of the age difference between my daughters I am starting all over again with my youngest. It makes it hard to find time for myself when she's attached (even in the bathroom,help!) I am a single parent as well. So me, myself, & I is holding it together Is there any body out there who can relate? Or anybody who would like to share some motivation with me? I really could use some friends. It be nice if you were single parent too but frankly I ain't picky. I also can say I return the favor. A shoulder for a shoulder or hand for a hand. Btw my goal is to lose 60 pounds in a year.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:28am
via Android

What seems to be the problem with your motivation....

24 Sep
I think the biggest factor in my motivation loss is just all that has happened in the past year to me. Don't get me wrong, I am usually the most positive person you will ever meet. The best person to have in your corner. Its just taken a toll, my personal life
24 Sep
Opps forgot to thank you for posting. Your question helped more than you know :-) A simple question to put it in perspective. Take care.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 12:26pm
via Android

Your oldest daughter maybe the best motivation for you. Have you tried getting her involved with your workouts? I got my son started when he was 4, and he thought it was fun. Plus they don't want to quit, so they push you harder until they are tired and you know how long that takes. Keep at it and try a nitric oxide stimulator like JAK3D, it'll motivate you more than your morning espresso. Be sure to check with your physician first. Follow me and I follow back. Have fun

24 Sep
Thank you so much for the shout out. I like the idea of starting young for exercises. I have to rethink that all the running around I do with my 1 yr old is exercise to. We try to get out to the playground often. My oldest is 13 yrs old & I didn't think to ask if she would work out with me. She's at the age where I embarrass her more then I am a cool mom Lol! I will try. Thanks again for the tip for energy. I will keep in touch. On my way out to...
Image_thumb
104 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 1:25pm
via Android

Your motivation is like you said, your kids wich is part of mine....being around for them when they are older. I have a 10 yr old dauughter and 11 week old son. I wanna see their children so that puts mu butt in gear. Trying having your oldest with you and count reps for mommy. Itll be fun for her and she will see you trying and in turn want to do it herself. Once the workouts kick on stress is easier to deal with...(believe me). Follow me hollar anytime. Enjoy. I have.

24 Sep
Thank you for the shout out. You have your hands full. I agree I do want to see my kids as adults. My oldest is 13. Lol! I will ask her if she wants to workout with me. Can't hurt to ask :-) I am on my way to climbing stairs today. I will keep in touch. Thanks again.
24 Sep
Have them count the reps?! That is genius! I'm going to def try that I can see it now, "one, two, three, mommy, sissy, 9... um, done!"
24 Sep
Glad i could help.......i think
24 Sep
Yes, thank you! It is going to be fun and educational. The 2 yr old doesn't quite know how to count yet so she adds in a bunch of other words lol
25 Sep
Oh, like 1, 2, chicken, milk.....gotchya have fun!
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:05pm
via Android

I like to get up and dance to silly music :) I hold the 6 mo and swing her around (gently lol) while the 2 yr bounces around. I have a lot of fun doing it and it probably burns a crap load of calories, not to mention they love it! My 8 yr old nephew likes to dance around like he's doing karate. It's freaking hilarious.

24 Sep
I love your sugh
24 Sep
Lol! Sorry I am teaching my 1yr old how to scoot on her train. Try that exercise for an hour. Great Ab crunches & squats. Oh the lifts off the train. Lol! I love your suggestion. I got two left feet & so that idea is gonna to make it fun for my daughter to watch me dance. Keep up your sunshine, you got my thumbs up. :-)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 25, 2013 4:03pm
via Android

Hi. I'm a single mom of 2 boys. My motivation is them. The way I see it is doing it while they are young shows them that its important for you to stay active and they'll be more likely to follow their whole life. I just started working out again after 7 yrs of not. My youngest is 2 so I'll strap him in the stroller and go for a jog in the morning. It gets him out and about and gives me a good work out too. Hope this has helped.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51