Losing optimism about post baby body

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 28, 2014 1:56am
via iOS
I'm really starting to feel down and hopeless about the future of my post baby body. I feel like no matter how much weight I lose and how much muscle I build, I'll still never be sexy again. I feel like no matter what I'll always have loose belly skin and stretch marks, so I'll never wear tight outfits again or ever be able to wear a bikini without feeling unattractive. I just feel really stuck, because it's hard to get the motivation to workout when I feel like it won't really matter.
28 Jan
Best advice I got - quit stressing it. Cut down on portions & continue exercising. That's when I started losing my weight.... stressing over it was the biggest road block
28 Jan
I had a baby 14 months ago and I'm a personal trainer , remember things take time other people haven't pushed a baby out we have so our bodies changed, if u need any advice give me a shout its my job
28 Jan
I have 4 kids and I luv my stretch marks coz if I didn't have them I wud not have my babies u should be proud of your body u did something amazing u grew a human in u x
20 Mar
It's not just about working out.... Fat will never turn into muscle, reducing your fat intake will lower that tummy and if you were like me your love handles lol.... You gave birth to a child so you can do anything.... Having a little inner strength will prove wonderful at the end.... Stretch marks and all...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 28, 2014 2:07am
via Android

Kendall - Hang in there!  My wife feels the same way, but here are a few words for you...  It's the vary rare woman that can have a kid and then snap back to looking 20 again.  If that's you, then great.  If not, don' t torture yourself.  Take a FULL sample of the moms around you.  As far as hot, effort is always more important than results.  Work at it when you have the energy, be generous after dark and try to keep a portion of your old identity.  Giving up and staying defeated is always a turn off.  Works for us.....

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 28, 2014 10:24pm
via Android

I had my son 6 months ago, and almost all of the weight is gone. It was very hard getting it of. Stay motivated!

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jan 29, 2014 12:54am
via Android

I have a 5(almost 6) year oldYour body really can snap back, it just takes some workI have a ton of stretch marks up to my belly button, thighs, butt, and I have always hated themPre pregnancy my stomach was my favorite feature and in my eyes, the skin and flab and stretch marks destroyed itI started exercising and changed what I was eating on November 14.  I'm in the best shape of my life I would say. And although I do have some extra tummy skin/fat, I think with time it will still get tighter, and whatever I'm left will I accept itAnd since I'm toning and gaining muscle, stretch marks have faded and cellulite has almost disappeared(nice unexpected surprise).  So don't give up!!! You can do anything you set your mind to!

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Feb 1, 2014 9:25pm
via Android

Don't give up! Our bodies change so drastically after having children and it might take just a little more time than you thought to bounce back. Just hang in there and keep at it and before you know it you'll be back where you wanna be. I had twins and look freakin amazing cause I kept trying. Don't lose hop girl!!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 5:33pm
via Android

Motivation can be lost so easily. I have two kids and they are a year and 13 days apart. I want to get fit to be able to give them more time with me

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 5:40pm
via Android

I have 2 kids, in my early 30's and working towards looking and feeling better than I ever have before. It is hard work, especially me having 2 c sections, but I'll get there. And so will you!

And being sexy is more than just physical appearance. Confidence, the way someone carries themselves and their attitude all play a role in sexy. Well in my opinion anyway

Keep your head up girl. Be proud of yourself everyday for what you accomplish, don't wait to feel proud months down the road

Mar 20, 2014 3:44am
via Android

I had my daughter and immediately lost all the weight but still have what I call the baby pooch.  It's all us mom's. My sister weighs 98 lbs (no she's not unhealthy just extremely petite) and even she has the baby pooch. Time and patience seems to be working. If u loose it too fast ur skin doesn't gain the elasticity back anyway so time and patience. Good luck.

10 Apr
I never thought to call it a baby pooch. It sounds so much cuter than calling it tummy flab!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51