Mommy's - can you lose baby pouch?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 21, 2014 12:26am
via Android

Is it really possible to lose that little baby pouch after having two kids? I've lost all my pregnancy weight plus some and really I'm in pretty good shape. But that little bit of extra skin just doesn't seem to be going away and its frustrating me. I know I should be happy that I'm skinny again but its hard to let this go. I eat healthy and workout out consistenly. Its been almost a year since I had my last child. Do you think its just something I will have to deal with from now on?

21 May
Im dealing with the same thing..try the core exercises. I felt the top abs burning but not the bottom so..try looking in youtube
21 May
If you go on YouTube, type in Pilates Abs. There's a video, Fabulous flat abs for beginners. Cassey Ho gives some pretty good workouts and in particular exercises, she targets the pouch.
21 May
Yes I believe u can lose baby fat just by working out
15 Jun
U need to figure out if that is fat or pure extra skin. whereas fat can be eliminated by working out, extra skin can only be removed by surgery.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 21, 2014 2:22am
via Android

Talk to a doctor

Image_thumb
954 Posts
May 21, 2014 8:34am
via Android

Some find it easy to lose, others impossible. It's more normal than you may think. Try your best to be healthy but don't hold yourself up to unrealistic standards of beauty (easier said than done,I know)

A big problem is that in the media which saturates us with millions of images of women's bodies, we almost NEVER see the ones with stretch marks or extra skin or that cute poochy mom belly. So all these perfectly normal, healthy, beautiful moms out there are comparing themselves to magazine success story moms, or worse, straight up lingerie models, and feeling like ugly freaks.

Go for health and body acceptance. Search for some natural real mom pictures, i've seem a few articles lately about the small but growing movement to help expose and normalize actual normal bodies.

Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 21, 2014 10:53am
via iOS
I have seen so many if the top models online without being photoshopped I know I have a better figure and I have a massive pouch and stretch marks after having three kids.  
These are the realities of being a woman and a mum.  I have seen big pouches on skinny woman who have never had kids too.  We're human.  Yes be healthy, yes excersize and try.  But please don't make it a big issue for yourself it's natural, normal and shouldn't take away your confidence or sense of self.  Your human you have lived and have the proof.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 3:38pm
via Android

You can, but..... genetics play a big role too. What do the other women in your family look like post children? 

I've had three kids (youngest is almost two) and while I've been back to pre pregnancy weight for over a year, I do still have some skin, but it's mostly just noticable to me when i sit down.
Three main things to get rid of it;
1. Build the muscle underneath and lots of oblique crunches.
2. Get a good scrub and exfoliate daily. I use a ginger scrub from Origins, but I've also had success with other things like coffee grounds (I read something about the caffeine...)
3. Use a collegin cream daily. This will help tighten the skin. I found one that works great for only $3 at Wal-Mart. It's called Fruit of the Earth, Vitamin E skin care creme.

Give yourself time and try not too worry too much. I do think we see a lot more ugliness in ourselves than other people see in us.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 4:36pm
via Android

To all those who have pouches, go to a doctor. That is not normal. Kangaroos should have pouches. Humans should not, however handy they are for carrying spare change, cell phone, or lip balm. Maybe you are the unwitting victim of a genetic experiment.

26 Jun
Um... Emily L. Do you have kids? Or maybe youre just trying to make these women feel like crap. Im pretty sure no one literally meant POUCH. A little extra stomach fat after a baby is normal but yes to help decrease it, tightening the muscles underneath and using that cream is a great idea.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51