20 weeks along and want to get in shape

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 5:06am
via iOS
Hello. I'm new here, just found this awesome app. I'm 20 weeks along and gained probably too much weight and I'm not happy. Can't lose it, but what are some good things I can do to try to get healthier? Before I got pregnant I was doing Body by Visalus and lost a lot. But sadly my pregnancy has made me hungrier for random food and I gained it back. I'm not horribly over weight, but I would like a kick start to losing the baby weight for after my c section. Thank you for any advice :)
05 Jan
During my first trimester i was starving and if i didn't eat every two hours, i would get the worst nausea. To make things worst, the healthy foods I used to love like eggs, chicken, broccoli, kale, apples made me sick. I could only eat carbs and red meat. I craved soda, which I fixes by mixing soda water with juice. It was awful. I gained 25 my first trimester. Prior to my pregnancy I was at 13% body fat (I competed in a fitness competition). My doctor never had a problem with my weight gain, but a lot of...
07 Jan
Listen to blessed m, she has the best advice
08 Jan
Eat for ur baby I hadd my 2son almost 2 yrs ago while pregnant I w oke s t min nights stsrving I still d o.just dont eat tuna it not good gor baby an peanut butter to much Algiers . Milk will mak nausea. Dont est lot fruit it mess sugar up I had to back off I feld my sugar test. It g happen. Try be happy so baby will. It hears u. Is rhis yr first
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 5:26am
via Android

Keep a positive attitude remember everyones body is different dont over do it with a c-section dont use diet pills or food diets. Stick with it (applauds) lets go team mommies thank you for what your bodies go through during pregnancy remember u can do it

Icon_missing_thumb
27 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 8:15am
via Android

Start running

Jan 5, 2013 9:54am
via Android

Do not run its too high impact, just have a clean diet from now on, and i dnt mean eat less i mean better choices of food, then after youre done with the whole process then u can ease ur way into working out.

05 Jan
Every mom is different. I ran up until my 3rd trimester. But I know women who ran up until the day they gave birth. It depends on your conditioning and your pregnancy.
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 1:34pm
via iOS
From recent test/ findings dieting or exercising whilst pregnant can cause harm to unborn, the featus needs to have all the nutraiants and vitamins possible. Also the featus needs to be under less strain as possible from the mother, saying this their is no reason to research into exercise / food to eat whilst pregnant, or speak to a health care professional , for the BEST advice.
Jan 5, 2013 2:30pm
via Android

I disagree danny, those researches are based on corolation studies and as you know corolation does not equal causation.. ive put mothers to be on healthy diets and their pregnancy actually went smoother cause they were hiting their macronutrients and micronutrients daily wich is optimal for her and the baby.

Skimble-workout-trainer-linda-pregnant-4_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 3:49pm
via iOS
I think the confusion is moms who try to "diet" by starving themselves vs moms who change the way try eat by incorporating nutrient dense foods. You need 500 extra calories a day, but most moms consume an extra 1000 or more and it's usually carb and fat loaded foods. 

Instead of focusing on calories, try to eat every 2-3 hours (like your baby is), load up on non processed foods like brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, fruits, veggies, avocados, nuts, chicken, meat, and fish (once or twice a week). If you don't let yourself get too hungry you won't over eat.

Exercise is great too.
Icon_missing_thumb
27 Posts
Jan 5, 2013 6:09pm
via Android

Follow me i can help

Icon_missing_thumb
170 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 1:56pm

Now is not the time to try to "lose weight" and "get in shape". If you didn't lose the weight in preparation for pregnancy now is not the best time to start eating at a deficiency. Being pregnant requires more calories - and NO, not the myth of "enough for 2 people" usually adding in a additional 300 cals is all you need. Your best bet at this point is to spend less time trying to lose weight and more focusing on your eating habits; clean eating, eating often, staying hydrated. That right there will work wonders! You can start exercising but I wouldn't reccomend running unless you have always been a runner... I would stick with lower impact exercises for beginners and speak with your doctor specifically about what is safe for YOU in YOUR pregnancy. Check out the pregnancy workouts on this app... but there is also many other workouts that you can view online specifically for pregnant women (http://knocked-upfitness.com/) and that trimester they are in. BUT what YOU can do in pregnancy will all depend on what your DOCTOR says is safe since every womans pregnancy is different and requires different care.

***Currently in my 2nd trimester :-)

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 4:44pm
via Android

Its not safe to run while pregnant. Other women do stupid while pregnant then say look my kid turned out fine!! Doc clearly state dont run avoid it. Ask your doc.for a healthy diet they will.gladly help. And walking is fine while preg and incuraged . So is an exceirze ball. They have mommy yoga classes

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 4:45pm
via Android

I gained way.to much with my first kid an was high risk 245lbs ah!! I am now 145. Do your preg healthy. Do not run! It can cause miscarriage.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

No.running is bad your lucky.. Every doc gives you sheet saying so.

Icon_missing_thumb
170 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 4:55pm

You honestly can't speak for EVERY pregnancy... If a woman was extremely active prior to pregnancy her body would react better to certain workouts than a beginner. 

I personally wouldn't run during pregnancy,its too high impact to me. And I also prefer biking over jogging or running. BUT I can't speak for everyone else because all doctors tell their patients different things. If her doctor says its allowed than thats the decision she makes. But NO not all doctors hand you a sheet that says specifically that "you can't run". 

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 8, 2013 4:23am
via Android

Check out GetFitAndYummy.com

Great fitness website and there are some videos/tips on being fit while pregnant.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 8, 2013 6:21am
via Android

Ive always been an active girl growing up so when I got pregnant gaining weight was my issue. I wouldnt work out to an extreme. Just try to eat healthier. Instead of sweets eat some fruit. Plus its good for the baby. Women who ran on a daily basis before getting pregnant r fine running during pregnancy because their bodies r used to it. But if ur not a trained runner, dont run. Go for walks during the day. Walking is great for you, esp since it doesn't pose a risk for the little one. I was always on my feet during my pregnancy for work and I think thats the reason I cldnt gain weight. I wouldnt worry too much about the baby weight because ur bringing in a miracle :]. Plus you can workout after the baby is born. This app is great for doing workouts at home while the baby is napping. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Jan 8, 2013 7:57pm
via Android

After some research I personally believe that trying to consume more foods that are nutrient rich and just focus on consuming less "junk". Also doing low impact exercises like beginners yoga, walking, and water arobics. Just make sure you listen to your body, keep your baby safe, and consult your doctor if you have more questions. :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 14, 2016 12:57pm

You are getting bigger every day, and during the fifth month you should start to feel your baby's movements, which begin as light, fluttery sensations. Your skin might darken and stretch marks may appear on your abdomen or breasts. Read more here: http://motherhow.com/5-months-pregnant/

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 20, 2016 3:07pm

When you're almost on your almost 6 month pregnant it'is better to do some light exercises, swim, even use kegels! Eat healthy food and take complex of vitamins and minerals including iron, folic acid, B12, copper, molybdenum to prevent anemia. For more information check out this article: http://motherhow.com/6-months-pregnant/

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,315 topics, 38,234 posts

Motivation & Support

8,514 topics, 41,525 posts

App Updates

38 topics, 96 posts

Ask the Pros

757 topics, 1,935 posts

Workouts and Programs