TummySafe workout

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 4:49pm
via Android

Hi everybody. I wanna share a workout that I've created for the core muscles that is safe for diastasis recti if you follow instructions on each exercise.
Quick - you must know:

- Avoid plank positions.
- Dont arch back when perform crunches or wall sits. Must be no gap between wall or floor and your back.
- Avoid always positions like cobra were you have to arch you back like that, because your abdominal muscles will separate even more if you have diastasis recti.

About me and the workout.
- I have 4 months old twins
- I dont have this diastasis recti problem, however Im avoiding some exercises for precaution.
- Im not professional, I just did a research about this condition.

If you dont understand something ask me. English its not my first language, I do live in an English speaking country tho.

Enjoy.

Mummy tummysafe workout

08 Jan
First, thank you for sharing! I recently found I've been living with diastasis recti for over 25 years. Crazy, right? How could no doctor tell me? I've had endless MRI and CT scans. My nephrologist told me after a recent CT. They now have me wearing a corset to support my body in hopes of healing. I'm being super cautious!
02 Apr
You go girl
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 5:24pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Sep 16, 2015 4:17pm
via iOS
Thanks. Will try this next time
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Sep 17, 2015 8:39pm
via iOS
Wait. Aren't you supposed to avoid lying on your back during exercise? And why are crunches safer than planking?! Curious. 
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 28, 2016 2:13pm
via iOS
I have (healing from) diastasis that was three fingers wide and crunches are not beneficial for this condition. The motion of the excercise can cause a larger separation. Just think about crunching up and your abs moving out of the way with each movement. Even getting out of bed this way until healing is complete should be avoided. Planks are to be avoided because the weight of your core has no support (your abdominals are no longer doing their job with this condition because the separation) and gravity pulls things towards the floor and could also create a larger separation. There are "braces" you can wear that pull your abdominals together and allow for someone to do push ups and planks (and actually begin to close the separation) but I plan to avoid all crush style routines.  I sure hope this helps.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51