Mom's - When do you work out?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 6, 2016 9:07pm
via Android

I'm 7 weeks postpartum and have been given the go-ahead by my doctor to start exercising again. Yay! Now it's a matter of finding the time to exercise. I'm breastfeeding and live 13 hours by car away from family and friends. So finding time is hard. What time of day do you exercise? Originally I was going to take some time in the evening so that my husband could take care of the baby. But by the time we have supper and do baby's bath and bedtime routine the evening is practically gone. Plus baby is usually grumpy in the evenings.  So I'll probably end up exercising when I can in the afternoon knowing full well the workouts will be interrupted by baby's needs.

08 Jun
When my daughter was little, I used nap time. I live 13 miles from a gym and do everything at home. There are a lot of short workouts on Pinterest that you can do to include baby as well. My girl is 5 now and does some of the workouts with me. Good luck to you.
08 Jun
Thanks. :) I'm working on getting him to sleep in his crib instead of needing to be held. He's such a little cuddle bug. He is starting to get more "independent" now that he's a whopping 2 months old. Lol. So working out while he's napping might just work.
27 Apr
In research it has been proved that making exercise a priority after giving birth is important, especially when one-third of women who have a normal weight before pregnancy become overweight after one year of giving birth. My wife also became overweight after giving birth to our first child. She had started doing daily exercises, by jogging and going out for a run 3 miles on the Long Island driveway when our baby takes a nap.
Img_1269_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 11, 2017 4:34am
Try jogging! Thays always a great way to shed that baby fat. Jogging will tone and target those areas even if your a beginner. My sister purchased a jogging stroller to get her workout in and the little ones out all at the same time!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Nov 17, 2017 4:17am
via Android

If you invest in a stroller. Go for walks with lo. They may enjoy the outside weather. I walked my neighborhood and the track away from lots of crowds at that time. On.my husband's days off I also went to the community  gym and did laps at the indoor pool! Coming from a mom that gained 43 lbs. From her pregnancy.
This is my first baby I weighed in at 282 lbs. And am currently at 228 lbs. 11 lbs under my Pre-pregnancy weight.
A healthy diet is also a big part.

Almost 7 months pp

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,234 topics, 38,259 posts

Motivation & Support

8,519 topics, 41,726 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 49 posts

Ask the Pros