Need to gain muscle NOT fat!

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 9:35pm
via iOS
So I'm really desperate here! My goal is to NOT gain weight like fat, but muscle!! But I don't think I'm accomplishing this!! Any help?!?!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 9:42pm
via Android

You CANNOT gain muscle and not weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. Do you want to bulk or tone?

21 Jun
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

Gaining muscle has two big factors. Food and training. If you can give some insight on them both i and others can give pointers!

21 Jun
Thankyou! My goal is really just to be toned:)
22 Jun
Then we still dont know what you want? Lose fat or gain more musle?
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 11:02pm
via Android

Get u a jumprope! Jumproping will help u get extremely tone and ripped. Do 12mins total 1 min fast 1 min slow. Moutain climbs really hit the lower abs hard. Also do some 40 yards spirts. But dont do cardio everyday best to do them at a beginning of your abs routine

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 12:11am
via iOS
I need to loose wait how should I do it
22 Jun
Well ik this is a basic tip but whenever you're feeling hungry? drink water!!!:)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 3:38am
via iOS
Everyone says that I'm skinny I do think that I am but in my legs is we're I want to have strong muscle
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 3:39am
via iOS
Like 5 pounds or something but thanks for the tip
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 6:22am
via Android

There's a lot of advice flying around here (not all of it I agree with) & I'm reluctant to 'muddy the water' further, so I'll keep this simple. Calisthenics on the whole will tone and give you great definition, so will low-weight high-rep workouts. Avoid high-weight low-rep exercise as this will increase muscle bulk. A lot of guys giving you advice here are more the body-building type - which isn't what you want to do. :)

22 Jun
Thanks David:)!
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 6:39am
via iOS
I concur with David. I was bulking up just by using high weights with low weights. Then I switched it up and went vice versa and then followed up my routines with a stretch of cardio. For all the work you do in the gym tho, it doesn't pay off if you don't eat healthy in the kitchen tho.
22 Jun
This doesnt say anything logic in my book lol
22 Jun
LOL Rappa. I take it you're the opposite. It's all good . I just can't do the bodybuilding routines.
22 Jun
Haha no its not about bodybuilding orso. I just dont understand what you are trying to say haha
22 Jun
Yeah I see that. What I meant was using low weights with max reps for toning. Then following with an hour of cardio. What's your routine?
22 Jun
I think toning doesnt exist. Thats some strange term that doesnt make sense. Losing bodyfast is eating and cardio. Gaining muscle is eating high and and hard training. You can gain by training high reps aslong as you eat high. I just see the body as an instrument that works kibda the same way hehe
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 6:39am
via iOS
Oops, high weights with low reps haha

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51