Workouts on periods

17 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 6:29am
via Android

So i was wondering ... is it ok to do intense workout during my period ??
Ive heared that I shouldnt work hard on my abs during it , is that true ??

06 Dec
Girl when mothernature hits me i dont give a sh...........i still do hard intense workouts. 4 me i dont care how bad i get the cramps. Idont let that time of the month interfer my workouts.my ambission is 2 workharder 2 get results.cuz hard work pays off.i take chamole tea and tylenol before doing my workouts and thats all.working out on our periods is good it healps decreez the cramps.hope thiz healpz abit
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 8:58am
via iOS
I have no idea but I did watch a youtube video where ct fletcher ( professional power lifter) said his females athletes must not miss a day training even on their periods. He is a hardcore coach...
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 10:31am
via Android

Tbh i think abs are the last musclegroup you should worry about

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 10:39am
via iOS
It is fine to workout on you period. For me, it can very painful and uncomfortable the first day, so I just rest for that day. Slow jogging and walking, though, can actually sooth the cramps, and stretching can do the same. Just remember to stay hydrated, and you will be fine.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 10:52am
via Android

Apparently exercising helps the cramps...but for me it's really hard

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 10:55am
via Android

The thing is that I did work out ... and it was really really painfull ... just wanted to make sure that its something normal

04 Dec
THat should be only on the first 2 days but if it's really hard just try to take some pills against it , my doctor gave me some……they are really helping me getting through the hard workout
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 11:07am
via Android

It's also really painful for me too for like the first 2 days...maybe you can just work.on your arms..¿

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 11:08am
via Android

But yeah it's totally normal

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 11:29am
via Android

I heard it's good to workout when youre having your period but I usually skip on the first 2 days.. I feel extra lazy on those days

23 Jun
Yeah...and I usually feel really nauseous too
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 11:57am
via Android

Oh no then you should really not.. but I think you should still do a thorough full body stretch. helps you stay in the routine and not get into the laziness

23 Jun
Ok..thanks!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 11:58am
via Android

Thanks girls you're awesome

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 12:05pm
via Android

Sure:)...it's actually something I was wondering about too

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 12:28pm
via Android

must be frustrating sorry

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 8:18pm
via Android

I wish I could help but thats my off/recovery week. I take it every month no matter what I am doing.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 23, 2013 8:41pm
via iOS
I go for the moderate level work out during my period. I feel like a good workout helps out with mood swings..weepy,irritation,feeling  overwhelmed...good way to let off steam
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Dec 4, 2013 4:47am
via Android

Workout as your body see fit. I choose that week as a lite week (dance, leisure walk) or completely off but that is my choice because I bleed like a banshee. Your body will tell you. Try it and see.

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Dec 4, 2013 6:41am
via Android

According to me u shud nt do workout becoz deze days r vry painful nd gals body is bit delicate nd workout cn cause a permanent swelling in ur abdomen nd it wil go wid a regular medicines prescribed by gynecologist......so better take rest.....it's jst a matter of few dayz....

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51